Whatever happened to the Traktor Kontrol S8?

Options
13»

Answers

• Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

NI has undergone what 2 transformations since the S8?

I believe that was the same term who made the F1 and X1. Notice how we haven’t seen any updat3z to those controllers in almost 10 years?

either all those guys have left since these changes or the new engineers that were brought in aren’t familiar enough with dj products to make something over the top. I hope I am proven wrong. But I suspect new hardware was developed, then new management came in and scrapped it all.

I believe I read the same thing happened on the Maschine side.

Ive read lots of talks of engagement, and have seen lots of surveys and promises to keep in touch with the community but all there seems to be is new version announcements and an Agile JIRA chart of what they are working on.

I would rather someone give the community the hard talk and say, no new hardware will ever come back, or they are struggling to find engineers, or it is coming and that design times are taking long due to X or Y. I don’t need to know specifics just that something is or isn’t happening.

I personally am wanting to get a new setup, but don’t want to buy 10 year old hardware now that will likely be unsupported soon. I believe an X1, F1 and even a Z1 could all be updated be super popular with massive sales of people wanting ti upgrade.

those are my thoughts. Maybe I’m wrong, but Traktor is way better than RB and SERATO as a software platform, but just needs a good hardware eco system to back it up.

• spinray
    spinray Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

count yourself lucky at least it works , I can't use my Traktor scratch duo and Audio 4 DJ or my mashine even with the correct drivers on an old recently purchased windows 8.1 pc because I can't authorise them as Native decided to change the authorisation system and leave them off the list. So I am let down if I look after my kit and want to transfer it to a more reliable pc further down the line it seems. If I was to buy all new again when will this happen to me again ? Seems I cannot trust Native anymore . Everything else Pioneer , Sony whatever I own works as long as I look after it . Is there a way around this seems not . very fishy.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,379 Expert
    Options

What do you mean by "I can't authorise them"? Why can't you use them on a different computer?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

@spinray it should be possible to authorise Traktor scratch duo, as it is not listed among SW that cannot be authorised anymore.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397-Service-Center-and-Legacy-Products-End-of-Life

And drivers for  Audio 4 DJ are here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

• spinray
    spinray Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Well I have the serial number in my account but its not showing up in my Native Access as a download, will it even work on windows 10 ? I did download it off the cd but it wont open.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,144 Guru
    Options

As used by legendary DJ/producer/remixer Francois Kevorkian during his regular Twitch streams, where he plays his own created stem files and does live remixes.

Traktor S8 and two Traktor D2s.