Welcome to the new and improved Native Instruments online community. Join our active forum of 40,000+ members for discussions and much more.

Please Add Tempo/Time Signature track

daswans
daswans Member Posts: 1 Noise
edited January 9 in Maschine

Been asking for this since Maschine 1.0- like 10+ years.

Maschine/Komplete user ($$$purchaser) here since it was Kore. Purchased Kore(RIP), Kore 2(RIP), Maschine Mk1(RIP), Studio(RIP) and now MK3, Jam (RIP), Rig Kontrol (RIP)....Komplete 1-14...Please, Please, Please implement tempo/time signature changes per pattern/scene. Yes I can use it as a plugin and make tempo track in my DAW, but that is the only reason I need to use a DAW at all at this point for my maschine projects and its kinda ridiculous i have to use a separate program just to automate tempo changes.

Like no one else in the world needs to have their music shift in tempo within a track??? This was the first issue i had with Machine 1.0 and here we are 12 years later with such incredible innovations like time stretched audio, etc.

I have been using Akai MPCs since the 90's and they have have had this basic functionality since day one. Don't mean to complain since Maschine is my world, I love it and no doubt incredible on so many levels....but c'mon! Every update I'm hoping....but still nope

Every few years I have to post a rant like this because its unbelievable this has still not been implemented. Boggles my mind...

Maybe some dev can enlighten me to why this has been so difficult to implement...or maybe overlooked??? Music needs to breathe, sway and feel human!

I build full performances into maschine, and to have a full performance in one tempo/time signature is ridiculous...so I am forced to use a daw to host maschine for the tempo track... its absurd.

Comments

• jkq2010
    jkq2010 Member Posts: 11 Sine

Bro i just dont get it either. I use to use Live and maschine to remedy this but now they have removed control surface support for jam and maschine on ableton live 11. It must be too difficult to implement but im just baffled as to why this wasnt added from the beginning. I remember one of the first things I tried was to set time signatures to each scene and automate tempo and I was amazed I couldn't do it in standalone and still can't. I get its a groove box but so is the MPC and they had these features in the 80s. Ah well.