Noire - Issues with harmonics / overtones / resonant frequencies

David01
David01 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 2023 in Kontakt

I have been using Noire for a while now, and I really like it. But the more I produce, the better my ears get .... and I'm now beginning to hear very strange things happening with a lot of the samples notes in Noire - especially in the higher registers.

Very strange .... "noises" I guess. They sometimes sound like harmonics or overtones .... kind of like resonant frequencies, but they are not generated by a build-up of sound, rather - many of the notes have their own "strange" noises/harmonics/overtones .... that are only activated when played between certain velocities in my DAW (Ableton Live). For example - D3 played up to 69 velocity doesn't have this annoying "ring/frequency", but every D3 (for example) played at 70 velocity or higher, will have this same identical "ring/frequency" ... which doesn't sound like normal harmonics.

And the more you move the "colour" dial to the right, to increase the value .... the more prominent this issue/problem is.

The thing is - when I try to EQ out these frequencies .... it's pretty much impossible to do it, as they are not just harmonics, but seem to be more fundamental "parts" of the notes themselves.

I know this doesn't make much sense, it's really difficult using words to explain what is going on - but perhaps others know exactly what I'm talking about, and can offer ideas about what may be happening, and what to do about it?

Tagged:

Comments

• GKell
    GKell Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Ive been dealing with the same issue myself. The resonant frequencies are even more pronounced on small speakers. This is also noticeable on a lot of other NI VST instruments. Although the Noire seems to be the worst offender of this for some reason. I haven't found a solution for this so my plan is to simply not use NI VST Instruments anymore, unfortunately.