Reaktor on iPad?

Chet Singer
Chet Singer Member Posts: 58 Advisor
edited January 2023 in Building With Reaktor

Are there any plans to make a Reaktor-like product for iPads?

I'd like to run one of my ensembles on an iPad, so I checked out AudioKit to assess how much work it would be to port it. Yikes, it's complicated! And for experienced programmers only. I've certainly been spoiled by the ease of Core.

Tagged:

Comments

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 799 Guru

Kinda would make sense to have factored that into their ARM rewrite.

Big challenge would be th UI. That would require quite some work to make sense in a touchscreen only context.

• ehdyn
    ehdyn Member Posts: 26 Helper

Audulus 4 was recently released and is quite powerful imo.. designed for touch from the outset.

Nothing like Core there yet, but can do some physical modeling.

• joebowbeer
    joebowbeer Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Reaktor Player for iPad would be appreciated.

For comparison, checkout the Respiro iOS Player from imoxplus

The player is free, but you need to enter a license to import patches.

• Turtle SPANK
    Turtle SPANK Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I agree too, I think it’s a great idea for play Reaktor or just Reaktor Player with an iPad ; me too I would like to use some projects I make with iPad for complete a live setup… 😉

NI please answer us of this subject 🙏

• Moonbot7000
    Moonbot7000 Member Posts: 61 Member

I used touch OSC and sent it wirlessly to my comp. Obviously huge difference between having the real thing, but it was fitting for my purpose

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 799 Guru

Nothing like Core there yet

:) no ******!

An optimising compiler that can compile most projects in a second or less, in a visual dataflow environment. No simple task. NI bought out sync modular to get the technology and human resources for core rather than try to develop their own dataflow compiler system from scratch.

• BLAIR
    BLAIR Member Posts: 48 Member

update! There's an iPad app which called plugdata (basically its puredata with nicer UX/UI and its recentlyish been ported to work on IOS devices! https://apps.apple.com/us/app/plugdata/id6473122351

You can take a peek at the desktop version too (its free!) https://plugdata.org/

As for the "is there a core?", well its possible to process things on a sample by sample level using [block 1] inside a subpatcher (aka macro).