Brand new Windows 11 install & Traktor 3.7.1

Mat_Lock_DJ
Mat_Lock_DJ Member Posts: 7 Member
edited December 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I was streaming for 3 hours yesterday and every now and then when i was using my Traktor S2 Mk1 controller and Traktor Pro 3.7.1.

It didn't matter if I was loading a track or just during a mix it would glitch for a second or so. Like there was a CPU spike.

CPU temps all normal, no drive spikes nothing. Just randomly glitching.

I formatted my laptop and did the reinstall because previous to this Traktor would completely lock up from playing. Yet I could press CUE/PLAY buttons and they'd light up on the screen but not actually do anything.

I cannot downgrade to Windows 10 as my laptop is 12th gen CPU. Windows 11 for 12th gen and above due to the scheduler. The scheduler is built into windows to basically in short determine how all the resources are used. Windows 10 scheduler has no idea how to allocate e and p cores

So basically I am screwed until Traktor fix all these W11 issues

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Mat_Lock_DJ happy to let you know that a new beta version was released last week. The crackle issues should now be fixed. Can you give it a try?

• RandallArellano
    RandallArellano Member Posts: 3 Member

Congrats on getting Windows 11 installed and setting up Traktor 3.7.1. It's always exciting to get a brand new computer system. I'm sure you're already experiencing the speed and power of the new OS. I'm a big fan of Traktor and I've been using 3.7.1 for a while now. It's a great version of the software and I'm sure you're having a lot of fun checking out all the features. If you're ever looking for a few tips on how to get the most out of the software, feel free to ask. There are lots of helpful folks in this forum who are more than happy to lend a hand.

• StephanRees
    StephanRees Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited March 2023

I'm sorry you're having trouble with Traktor on Windows 11. It can be really frustrating when software doesn't work as expected! It sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting to try to get it to work, so I'm glad you're giving Windows 11 a try. I'm not sure if this will help, but have you tried turning off any power-saving features on your laptop? That might help reduce the CPU spikes you're seeing. You could also look for cheap windows keys from a reliable resource. I'm sure Traktor will have a fix soon, but in the meantime, I hope this helps!