Using zones for layering sounds.

ChrisB1969
ChrisB1969 Member Posts: 25 Member

Hello,

I just viewed a video section of Boris Mezga showing how to layer sounds in maschine by going into the sampler and bringing up a row of four tags that reads Record Edit Slice Zone. By choosing Zone, a user can then drag in another sample from the browser into the zone and both sounds will be layered. I am not sure I am understanding this clearly. I selected Arcadia from my Analog Dreams instrument, and then activated the sampler icon in the software. No row of tags appears for that specific preset. I just assumed that any presets would work. I think I need a better understanding of how samples and presets relate and can be used in Maschine. Please explain. Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    Answer ✓

Zone is a Sampler feature, meaning it only loads Audio. (the stuff in your browser under One-Shots / Loops)

Analog Dreams is a full blown Kontakt Instrument.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    Answer ✓

Zone is a Sampler feature, meaning it only loads Audio. (the stuff in your browser under One-Shots / Loops)

Analog Dreams is a full blown Kontakt Instrument.

• ChrisB1969
    ChrisB1969 Member Posts: 25 Member
    edited December 2022

Got it. So when wanting to layer two presets from the same instrument or even different instruments such as Analog Dreams, use the link feature instead.