Where are the updates?

Options
2»

Answers

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 159 Pro
    Options

Traktor Pro is not free the last time I checked. You have to pay for every upgrade plus subscription now. I know because that's what I have been doing since the original Traktor Pro. With a new Serato controller zero dollars for full Serato DJ Pro no subscription, because I am in the market for a controller upgrade. Virtual DJ Pro $299 or $99 home version for lifetime upgrade. One year of Traktor Pro Plus $60. Platinum Notes 4 is $49 to own does the same thing that the limiter does preprocess less strain on the CPU. Nuo stems $30 to own also preprocess, less strain on CPU and fully Traktor stems compatible.

• adrenal
    adrenal Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I have owned a ton of Traktor(two S4's, X1's, F1's, etc.) equipment, several licenses(as well as tons of other licenses from NI) and upgraded every time over the past 16+ years or so, as well as talked many people into Traktor, after leaving Serato back then when they didn't have a 3 or 4 channel option. I feel I've been MORE than patient here. And I am a promoter and Dj who plays out regularly, as is my wife now. Not just some bedroom DJ. We actually have some influence in this area.

We now run 3 Allen and Heath K2's, a Dj Tech tools twister, Maschine 3 and Bitwig studio all through the Allen and Heath Xone 96 with Traktor, but that is our own events etc. Most other events we are in demand enough to force our stuff into the booth, but this is getting frustrating as well. As we are getting booked in more countries, though it is also starting to become near impossible to take that gear and get it in a booth.

The fact that we can't rock up and go HID with Traktor with much Pioneer gear(hate that Pioneer is standard), yet almost every other software now can..plus the thing as simple as updated library management etc. has never been done, is inexcusable. FLexible beatgrids. Now the space race of stems has brought a level of things not before seen and Traktor adds a pattern player instead??? Useless when we have remix decks with sequencers! NI, please just stop it with the useless additions!

NI, please be clear, I am STOPPING our subscriptions to Traktor Pro Plus as well. Why should we pay for something that you all constantly say, "we'll have news in a couple of weeks" and then months go by with NOTHING? No trust is built with your loyal base and I hate to say it, you're doing nothing but losing people.

I have been testing Algoriddm DJ Pro AI, have even played gigs out with it. Now testing Virtual DJ(hate the name) and it looks like this is the route we'll be shifting to. Sad to say, goodbye Traktor. IT WAS a good run, but again, not even saying anything in this thread, proves where you're at on this product at least. Action, not words my friends. I hope things turn around and Traktor becomes the one again.

TIME and ACTIONS will tell....

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 230 Pro
    edited December 2022
    Options

The subscription release feels like an underhand way for NI to gauge existing (remaining?) interest in the Traktor product.

Let me preface my next statement with “I LOVE TRAKTOR, and I don’t want to use any other DJ software”. But…

I feel that NI are losing interest in Traktor. I’m worried that they are not willing to invest much more time or money on the Traktor product. And that makes me very sad.

All the pieces at there for Traktor to be the absolute KILLER DJ software that we know it can be. I am genuinely hoping that the developers, designers and Product Manager(s) are fully aligned on what “future” Traktor looks like, and, that they’re all working on integrating those existing elements to ensure they deliver that killer product. 🤞🏻

• djsubculture
    djsubculture Member Posts: 47 Helper
    Options

At this rate, even we die-hards will eventually leave. :(

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

Hi people,

just entering to answer Quartz’ post on Rane one and say Merry Xmas to everyone.

I was trying to point this very issue you are noticing when I said time ago (from the old forum up to leaving the forum months ago) that “NI wasn’t aware about ASilicon transition” and “Traktor Dj2 app was the way to go”.

Let’s hope NI is coding Traktor4 over that new code and some merging (probably substitution like SSL>Itch2/Sdj back in the day) and some features aren’t ditched in the process (SDj born without DVS cappability and it’s an expansion pack)

Die hards where ditched from equation long ago…

This was the target change before Traktor Pro was rescued (after rumours etc) so expect something in between the two options or maybe nothing if NI fails to deliver and ditches Traktor like M-Audio/Avid did with Torq2 back in the day.

Expansions like Traktor plus where announced when it was released Tdj2 app so go figure yourself.

Sincerely yours,

the kool aid boy

• MiFa1969
    MiFa1969 Member Posts: 34 Advisor
    Options

Traktor DJ 2 was the right way to go in my opinion. The software had a new and flexible code base and therefore also ran on mobile devices. It's a pity that this was discarded. So it is just still tinkered with the ancient code. We can see the result.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

Let’s hope not totally discarded but being worked in parallel as I assume. Result maybe will not be everyone’s cup of tea but actual Traktor isn’t neither.

Happy Holidays everyone!

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 159 Pro
    Options

I hope so too. I am just waiting to see what NI real-time stems and Flexible beat grid will be compared to Virtual DJ and Serato DJ and I don't thing Rekordbox DJ wants to be the only DJ software without real-time stems so they will eventually put something out as well. One the hardware side I am looking to upgrade too. Eyeing the Rane Four right now. Let's see that NI will do and what Pioneer will do with the FLX 8, should be a DDJ 1000 replacement. 2023 might be very interesting for the DJ community.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

I don’t think you and your wife leaving will make much difference. Good luck though in bringing NI down with your influence.

• adrenal
    edited January 2023
    Options

Maybe you missed this: "I hope things turn around and Traktor becomes the one again.

TIME and ACTIONS will tell...." Or you just willfully ignored it.

I want Traktor to succeed(even said that in another post, and I've stuck with them for so long. My hope is I return, but seriously, going to a subscription after all the promises and lack of delivery..... if you like paying for that, carry on.

Also, I think with this failed experiment(another one) while ignoring actual users needs for years, it's becoming much more likely that Traktor is ditched by NI rather than continued. Their other products are strong and Traktor, unfortunately can not seem to get a development team that listens, responds, and develops timely or relevant features asked for and needed. . Sucks to say this, but it's the truth.

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 195 Advisor
    Options

If we can't make a scene from now on, let NI hire us, let's figure things out and earn money like this.

Note: Contains serious humor.

I believe in the power of the community, I support keeping this thread at the top, not to do anything bad, but to make good things happen. the number of people in the community is increasing, it is because of unhappy people.

secure our plane tickets, we're coming to Berlin. :)

• adrenal
    Options

And still can't be bothered to comment or say something to give us hope???