Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,749 mod
    Options
  • tashley
    tashley Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Honestly, as a Newbie to this ecosystem, the window size thing is astonishing. I mean, really? How does the user base let the developers get away with this utter trash? It's shameful.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,602 Expert
    Options

Most of us are pretty seasoned to working with the limitations of the world and manage to develop our own methods to cope.

Komplete Kontrol for instance negates too much need to look at the interface of the instrument since you can browse presets, adjust parameters and play the notes from the keyboard, 90% of what one needs to play an instrument.

Also, knowing full well the limitatiosn still in place, choosing the right monitor/resolution/DPI so it makes things managable is also a key factor. Sure a huge 40 inch 12k monitor would be great, but already knowing many things will not scale currently I personally refrain from that, I have a 1440p widescreen monitor and 2 x 1080 screens and this all works just fine.

Have always been pressing for this scale/resize problem to be fixed but as mentioned, just work around it until it is finally addressed.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,749 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Also bear in mind there is plenty of top software that doesn't resize from other big names (eg Steinberg Padshop 2 and their other synths don't, most of the Waves plugins I have look terrible when resized and Soundtoys just released a major update but still no resize). Also NI have addressed resizing in their newer FX, Massive X, Guitar Rig and are addressing it gradually in Kontakt 7, so it's not like nothing is happening. I do suspect though that for KK it will not come till we get a new version along hopefully with new hardware.

• JesseBeckett
    JesseBeckett Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Indeed, many of us have developed our own methods to work within the limitations of various tools and technologies. It's great to hear that you've found solutions to cope with the challenges you've encountered. Using tools allow browsing presets, adjusting parameters, and playing notes from the keyboard can greatly enhance workflow efficiency and reduce the need to constantly refer to the instrument's interface.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Options

It is a shame that KK initial opening window show about 3 presets and if anyone just sat there and tried to scroll/audition sounds from there, of course they would be baffled/totally unimpressed. It is a bad first impression that sticks with many. But eventually we all found that opening the first preset then gives a great deal more windows space for presets in view and changing to edit view gives even more.

• onanaden
    onanaden Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited July 2023
    Options

I've been using the KK app and I'm wondering if there are any plans to implement a resizable window feature. Currently, the app window occupies only about 1/3 of my display, leaving a significant amount of unused screen real estate. It would be immensely helpful if we could resize the window to utilize the available space more efficiently. This would enable us to make better use of features like the "TYPES" and "CHARACTERS" filters and have more than two presets visible on the screen at once.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

KK is a horrible user experience, poorly designed from inception.

This is absolutely a truthful statement and not just an opinion.

• JesterMgee
    Options
  • nightjar
    Options

That would not address the fundamental flaws in the user experience.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Sure it would, it's ipad

• nightjar
    Options

The user experience as presented by the window/panel layout in the KK design is the fundamental problem.

• Brian Larson
    Brian Larson Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Not everybody uses MAC anyway. I use a Intel PC and am alsu curious when they will update the software to include resizing.

• JesterMgee
    Options

I was joking about ipad, nightjar is obsessed with ipads being the solution to every problem. Don't hold yur breath for resizing, something suggests to me they that will just never happen. Been asked for since day one, 7 years ago, if it was ever gonna happen it would have. What users want in the software has never been important to NI.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 414 Guru
    Options