Trying to Re-Install a library in Native Access, but that option does not appear in NA

repettomuzik
repettomuzik Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi all. I'm trying to update to Cinematic Studio Strings v1.7 but when I hover with my mouse on Full Version in Native Access, the option to Re-Install DOES NOT show up.

According to the NI website & the CSS developer, that's how it's supposed to be re-installed. But nothing. No "Re-install" option appears for me. I tried re-downloading Native Access, getting rid of the plists according to all NI articles, but nothing works. 😫

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this? Am I missing something?!

I'm using Native Access 1 rather than Native Access 2 since my computer can't upgrade to that version. Any help or tips are appreciated.

Thank you! 😫😵

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Cinematic Studio Strings is a third party Kontakt Library that cannot be downloaded / installed via Native Access.

Native Access is only responsible for authorising the library and locating it for use in Kontakt.

You will first need to download the library from the manufacturer:

https://cinematicstudioseries.com/

Once installed, simply follow the steps in this article to add the library to Native Access:

Setting up a Third Party KONTAKT Library [VIDEO]

• repettomuzik
    Answer ✓

Hi All. Well, I figured it out!

All I had to do was to log out of Native Access and login again and the update is now visible for me!! That worked. Something so simple. For some reason, it wasn’t showing as a update, but logging out then logging in again did the trick. Can’t believe it was that simple to get the update to show up. 

I’ll stop bashing my head on my controller now…lol

Now to update and get to writing some more music!   

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it!

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

At NI product page: searching for

Is it discontinued?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Cinematic Studio Strings is a third party Kontakt Library that cannot be downloaded / installed via Native Access.

Native Access is only responsible for authorising the library and locating it for use in Kontakt.

You will first need to download the library from the manufacturer:

https://cinematicstudioseries.com/

Once installed, simply follow the steps in this article to add the library to Native Access:

Setting up a Third Party KONTAKT Library [VIDEO]

• repettomuzik
    edited November 2022

@Jeremy_NI Thanks for the answer, but I already have the library installed on my computer and authorized in Native Access. I just need to "Re-Install" according to the developer's instructions sent over email in order for this new update to take effect. In the instructions, it states to hover my mouse over where it says "Full Version" under Cinematic Studio Strings and the Re-install option will appear. But for some reason, it doesn't appear for me.

I made this video to demonstrate this:

The developer sent me these instructions:

If you bought CSS prior to 30 August 2022* and have not yet updated to version 1.7, you will need to use the “Re-install” option in Native Access. If you’re using Native Access 1, first make sure you’ve selected the “icon” view (see video linked below), then find “Cinematic Studio Strings”, and hover the mouse over where it says “Full version”, and the text should change to “Re-install” (video example). If you’re using Native Access 2, the process is slightly different – simply locate “Cinematic Studio Strings”, and then click on the 3 dots on the right-hand side and select “Re-install” (video example).

Any other solutions to this? It's so strange why I'm not getting the "Re-Install" option in Native Access 1.

• repettomuzik
    Answer ✓

Hi All. Well, I figured it out!

All I had to do was to log out of Native Access and login again and the update is now visible for me!! That worked. Something so simple. For some reason, it wasn’t showing as a update, but logging out then logging in again did the trick. Can’t believe it was that simple to get the update to show up. 

I’ll stop bashing my head on my controller now…lol

Now to update and get to writing some more music!   

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it!