Though not officially supported, might Kontakt 5 still work in Windows 11?

jamieboo
jamieboo Member Posts: 5 Member

Hello folks

I'm still using Kontakt 5 in my Cubase 12 orchestral template, and simply don't have the money to upgrade just yet.

I'm on the brink of updating from W10 to W11 (I want my 12700K cpu to be able to take advantage of the improved cpu scheduler in W11), and I'm wondering if there's any chance Kontakt 5 will work in W11?

I know it's not officially supported - I think only version 6.7 and up have that privilege - but has anyone had any luck getting it to work on W11?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@jamieboo Although not officially supported, which means not tested by us, Kontakt 5 should work. Windows 11 is not that different.

Answers

• Vinark
    Vinark Member Posts: 15 Member

If you go for W11 make sure you back up your W10 first. It is not at all certain you will get better performance. Maybe less power use by optimising the E-core use, yes. Do you have issues with W10?

• jamieboo
    jamieboo Member Posts: 5 Member

No big issues, just a bit more DPC latency than I would like.

My research has suggested the most likely culprit to be slightly chaotic processor scheduling, so hopefully Windows 11 could help with this.

But, regarding my specific question, any chance Kontakt 5 will still function?

Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@jamieboo Although not officially supported, which means not tested by us, Kontakt 5 should work. Windows 11 is not that different.