Kontakt 7 - Graphics missing

2»

Answers

• SaintRik
    SaintRik Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2022

@WhoFlipped The issue of missing Factory Library 1 is being discussed here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/6672/no-factory-library-1-or-2-in-the-komplete-kontrol-and-kontakt-7-broswer

It seems like Kontakt 7 is only connecting to one Factory Library.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,668 mod

@SaintRik even after all these steps, the images missing are the same ones ? Have you tried reinstalling one library, as a test? Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Native Access and Kontakt 7:How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• SaintRik
    SaintRik Member Posts: 4 Member

@jeremmgn Yes, correct. The images missing are the same ones. Yes, I've tried reinstalling more than one of those libraries, and yes, Native Access and Kontakt 7 have Full Disk Access permissions.

• Jeremy_NI

@SaintRik I've contacted you by email regarding this issue.

• Duc Anh Le
    Duc Anh Le Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited July 2023

Hello @Jeremy_NI, in my case I have a serious graphic problem, in both standalone or DAW.

I tried all the step in the crash guide (delete %localapp% and registry) but nothing work.

Please help.

• Jeremy_NI

@Duc Anh Le That's a different issue and is related to your graphic card driver, check this article: KONTAKT 7 Opens with a Black Window

• Duc Anh Le
    Duc Anh Le Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI Thanks for your reply.

I checked my DXDIAG like in that post mentioned. My laptop have 2 GPU (AMD Radeon & NVIDIA 3060), both have Direct3D DDI with Feature Level higher than requirement:

Please help 😓

• Jeremy_NI

@Duc Anh Le I've contacted you by email, my colleagues will need to have a deeper look into your issue.

• Marcusmax
    Marcusmax Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 5

I have a similar issue as others report but in Kontakt Player 7, where many of my instruments show with no image in the Side Pane but with images in the Library. I have tried all solutions offered in this thread but none have worked. Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it? They used to show in older KP versions. It might be of note that all the problem libraries are Soniccouture ones, however many other SC ones do have images in both places. There are image files for all the libraries in NI Resources/image so they should all be showing.

Here are a few examples of the missing ones but there are more:

• Jeremy_NI

@Marcusmax This is the normal look of the Soniccouture libraries in the old school/rack view of Kontakt. A missing image would be like what you see in the original post:

• Marcusmax

Thanks Jeremy. It seems strange that the images should be like they are because there are coloured image files in the relevant NI Resources folders, just as there are for the instruments that have 'proper' images. Here is an example of one of the instruments from the screenshot above, Skiddaw Stones:

Surely that's the image that should be showing in the Side Pane, just as it shows in the Library view?

• Jeremy_NI

@Marcusmax I would not write this if I wasn't sure. Images for the old Kontakt browser (shared with older versions of Kontakt) and images for the new browser, shared with the new Komplete Kontrol browser are not the same and are not located in the same location. If you have any doubts about it still, feel free to contact Soniccouture about it.

• Marcusmax
    edited January 8

That's no problem Jeremy and thanks again for your reply. It's obviously not a serious issue, just that it looked so much nicer with the coloured images! And why some SC instruments have them while the others don't is beyond me.. Anyway, I am happy to accept your assessment of the situation.