Komplete Kontrol crashes a lot

Options
2»

Comments

• sdsherer
    sdsherer Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Thanks for your expertise. I ran both processes and noticed nothing earthshaking. Still crashing.

I also ran "Dependencies" on KK and Kontakt7 to see if maybe it could find a dependency that was missing or wrong. Didn't see anything. Do you see anything else?

Thanks, again.

• sdsherer
    sdsherer Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

for what it's worth at this stage, I've narrowed it down to the instruments in "Hybrid Keys". Crashes K7 every time.

• suede studio
    suede studio Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Having similiar issues.Kontact's complete control crashes since I hooked up the NI KKmk2 keyboard?

• Ronvak
    Ronvak Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

did you find a solution for this?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Definitely a Kontakt 7 issue (as other members suggested too) and not a Komplete Kontrol issue.

So, if this is not a graphics problem, then the answer is in the quoted comment, in the last image. However he must do a complete uninstall, not just repair, and then install the latest version which is C++ 2022 Redist. 14.36.32532.0 (x64)

Did you check the NI solution?

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004169849-KONTAKT-Crashes

• alelom
    alelom Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Anyone found a solution to this?

Komplete Kontrol still crashes as soon as I try to load any sampled plug instrument.

For me, attempting to load either "Hybrid Keys" or "The Gentleman" results in a crash.

EDIT:

I remembered that when using Native access to install instruments at some point I was asked to install Kontakt 7 for some newer ones. I ended up in a situation where I had both Kontakt 6 and 7 installed.

I tried uninstalling Kontakt 7, and the crash issue disappeared!

Does this mean that I cannot use Kontakt 7? :(

• Sunborn
    Options

Did you tried to solutions mentioned on some comments below?

• alelom
    Options

Yes, and none worked. What worked was uninstalling Kontakt 7 and keeping 6. I have not tried the opposite yet, i.e. Uninstall kontakt 6 and installing only 7. I wonder if it could be some mutual incompatibility

• Sunborn
    Options

Yes, this make sense. As for example on many VST's, you remove the old version and you install the new. Apart of some rare cases, i see no logic in having 2 versions of the same plugin

• alelom
    Options

Neither do I. In fact, it was Native Instruments that decided to install Kontakt 7 when I installed some VST, seemingly as a dependency. When I noticed that, it seemed suspicious, as I alredy had installed Kontakt 6, but I let it finish.

I would expect Native Instruments to at least send a pop-up alerting people of possible incompatibility when this situation arises. Additionally, I now don't remember which VST required to install Kontakt 7, and having uninstalled it I fear I won't be able to use something when I need it.

Confusing.

• Sunborn
    Options

"I now don't remember which VST required to install Kontakt 7"

No 3rd party VST plugin require Kontakt 7 to work!

But, if i misunderstood, and what you asked is, which version, then Kontakt 7 is VST3 only.

• alelom
    Options

What I'm saying is that something I installed via Native Access had a dependency on Kontakt 7. I am sure of this, as I noticed the download pipeline started downloading Kontakt 7 while other things were dowloading, without me explicitly requesting Kontakt 7 to be downloaded. The co-presence of Kontakt 6 and 7 was correlated with the issue described above. This log should be enough for developers to investigate what could be one or more issues. Happy to raise elsewhere if helpful.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    edited July 2023
    Options

This is exactly what happened to me last fall when K7 was released. I was 100% happy with staying put on Kontakt 6 until such time that I felt K7 was ready for primetime - but one day - as soon as I downloaded some specific thing using Native Access - it insisted that I needed K7 and would not let me proceed regardless of what I actually wanted to do.

In my case - I needed this instrument or update or whatever it was that NA2 decided I needed K7 for - so I eventually had to give in. And of course, this started a whole other level of frustration where I could not longer use K6 in Komplete Control and ran into all sorts of frustration trying to navigate these two versions vying for usage and time.

This is a NI thing that they have pushed on us forever. It is very poorly done overall - as soon as even the tiniest microscopic hint of a "new" Kontakt is available - all their systems go bonkers making sure to force you into the latest version - whether you want it OR not.

The user should get to explicitly state which version of Kontakt they choose to use (especially in Komplete Kontrol) until the exact moment they are ready to move to a new version.

This does not even begin to address the true pain when one has to migrate existing songs to a new version of Kontakt and so on.

VP