Problems with input routing and live deck usage

Hi there...

to make it short...

Setup: Windows Laptop PC, Traktor S5 Controller, Traktor Pro 3.5.0.270

What I would like to accomplish: I would like to have external sound (in my case from an iPad) routed to Deck C or D.

What I did so far:

For this I connect the iPad with a headphoneJack and the going into the AUX input from the S5 Controller. Now I head over to the preferences: 'Input Routing'. Here I have for each Deck 2 drop down items. 1 is labeled 'L (Mono)' and the other one 'R'. I click on the dropdown next to 'L (Mono)' and choose 'Line Left' - The audio coming from the iPad is played immediately on that channel. To have stereo sound I then choose 'Line Right' for the second entry next to the 'R' Label. Then everything is silent. If I switch both to the same line inputs (both right oder both left) it will play the sound - but only mono. So why does is stop playing, when I have left and right in place?

Question:

What am I doing wrong? I hope I could make clear what I would like to achieve.. So far I did not find any solution to this problem...

KR,

Martin

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,736 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes. I did understand and tried to answer your question. For some reason the audio interface of the s5 has a strange relationship to it's AUX function. I have found that if i select one of the external inputs as one of the 'live input' decks (left or right) they only work if i have the AUX button active (LED lit). The AUX line (without the use of a live deck) is unaffected by this.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    edited September 2022

Have you tried toggling the AUX button in the center of the S5 Mixer section?

EDIT: If you hold the AUX button without releasing it, you can adjust the strength of the input signal with the Loop Encoders (Left/Right).

• Kretzer
    Kretzer Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanks for replying....

Unfortunately your answer does not match the question.

I do not want to play the iPad Music as 'AUX'... I would like to have it routed to a Traktor Deck so I can use it there as 'live input'.

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

Yes. I did understand and tried to answer your question. For some reason the audio interface of the s5 has a strange relationship to it's AUX function. I have found that if i select one of the external inputs as one of the 'live input' decks (left or right) they only work if i have the AUX button active (LED lit). The AUX line (without the use of a live deck) is unaffected by this.

• Kretzer
    Kretzer Member Posts: 3 Member

Thanx for this information. In fact it does make a difference.

Activating the button does solve the issue here.

KR, Martin