iMaschine gone from App Store

Comments

• Hebreww
    Hebreww Member Posts: 36 Member

I mean a comment ?

Native Instruments is a leading company in the production of music software and hardware, with a loyal customer base. However, there have been numerous complaints from customers about the company's poor customer service, lack of transparency, and failure to provide adequate support for their products. Specifically, many users of the iMaschine app have reported false promises, lost access to purchased expansions, and an overall lack of clarity from the company. This report aims to provide an academic critique of Native Instruments' treatment of their customers and offer recommendations for improvement.

Native Instruments' Treatment of Customers

The customer is the most important stakeholder in any business, and Native Instruments' treatment of their customers leaves much to be desired. The company's lack of transparency regarding updates, bug fixes, and product development has resulted in frustration and disappointment for many loyal customers. The iMaschine app, in particular, has been a source of discontent, with users complaining about false promises and lack of access to purchased expansions.

In addition to the lack of transparency, Native Instruments has failed to provide adequate support for their products. Many customers report long wait times for customer service and unhelpful responses when they do receive a reply. This has resulted in lost productivity, lost revenue, and a general feeling of dissatisfaction among customers.

Comparison with Other Music Developers

In contrast to Native Instruments, there are several other music developers who have demonstrated a commitment to customer satisfaction and transparency. Ableton, for example, recently released a new app that has been well-received by users. The company is known for its dedication to customer support and regularly updates its products to address user feedback. This has resulted in a loyal customer base and positive reputation in the industry.

Recommendations

To improve their treatment of customers, Native Instruments should take the following steps:

1. Increase transparency: Native Instruments should be more transparent with their customers about product development, updates, and bug fixes. This will help to build trust and increase customer satisfaction.
    2. Improve customer service: Native Instruments should improve their customer service by reducing wait times and providing more helpful responses. This will help to alleviate frustration among customers and increase loyalty.
    3. Provide clear access to purchased products: Native Instruments should ensure that customers have clear and easy access to their purchased products, including expansions for iMaschine. This will help to avoid confusion and frustration among users.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Native Instruments' treatment of their customers has been subpar, particularly in regard to the iMaschine app. The company should take steps to improve transparency, customer service, and access to purchased products to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. By doing so, Native Instruments can regain the trust of their customers and solidify their reputation as a leading music developer.

• Iceeyez
    Iceeyez Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Just downloaded imachine to my new iPad. Found the imachine2 app in my purchases via AppStore app. Go to AppStore app -> push on you account user icon -> purchases, and if you have previously bought iMaschine on you account for example with another device it can be downloaded from there.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,281 Expert
    edited May 2023

Yes. It was already mentioned before (“FIY, you STILL can use the app to sketch. You can download it from your bought apps under your account. But then you won’t be able to download the expansions cause NI crippled their internal IAPs store”) and in many other threads.

But as I said, once reinstalled, you can’t redownload the expansions you purchased, since they crippled the IAP store from a loooooong time

• King Klast
    King Klast Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2023

You Can Re-Download All The Expansions You Paid For On The iPad, The Only One That Will Not Download Is The "Quantum Collection Pack" Which Is FREE, I Know Many Users Throughout The World Have Created Music With That Expansion Pack, But Now When They Try To Open A Project That Uses Sounds From That Pack It Gives You A Prompt With 2 Choices: Dismiss Or Download, & It Will Not Download, It Will Say On The Expansions Screen "Missing Project Files", I Had To Restore My iPad Due To Their System Data Hogging Up A Lot Of Storage, So Now My Storage Is Great But I Cannot Download The Quantum Collection Pack, Everything Else Works Fine In iMaschine 2 For The iPad.....

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Good to know. Probably they re activated the iap shop at least for the payed expansions.

Out of curiosity (if you know it): is it even possible to buy new ones? (I mean the ones that are already in the store but that hasn’t been bought before, not the recent ones (they stopped publishing the newest ones after Soul Magic)

Even if putting money on a dead horse is not the best idea…

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

Thank you for the info.

So the shop is still crippled. Is just Apple’s restore purchases that works (and not for all of them)

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    edited May 2023

Last week I upgraded from my 2013 iPad mini to the current model and restored a backup of the old one.

• iMaschine 2 was installed but all Expansions were missing.
    • Hit the Restore Purchases button
    • Expansions were showing DOWNLOADING but nothing happened
    • Navigated to the details screen of every Expansion and clicked download
    • All my Expansions were downloaded from the store and installed!

Then out of curiosity, I tried to buy one of the Expansions I don’t own yet, and it worked flawlessly! Pay, download, install.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,883 mod

That's great info but I strongly advise everyone against buying Expansions at this point.

• King Klast
    King Klast Member Posts: 10 Member
  • ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert

Oh. The Quantum Collection is missing and cannot be downloaded. Hitting the FREE button does nothing. That’s odd.

Definitely! I was surprised it worked and I was getting content for my payment.

• LostInFoundation

Quite sad we have to be surprised in getting something we pay for

• YanFlo
    YanFlo Member Posts: 4 Member

Native Instruments have Scandalous approach towards its clients. 🤢

Why my statement is so bitter.

iMaschine works like a charm on all of my iPads and iPhones (older, old, new, newer) no matter the iOS versions.💯

NI Support says they have taken out iMaschine to test it out on new devices and to insure it works flawlessly. As I have said, it works just flawlessly, even on my most recent devices.

In the meantime, due to lack of Quantum Collection Pack, I can't get back to many of my musical projects. 😰

I could reinstall every purchased packs which is great, but that one free pack being not available anymore is causing lots of trouble and frustrations. 😓

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS, when will you make our work free from your bad decisions? 👹

I think for that for now, I am going to keep away from using older and getting new NI products. Their product life span is too short as it appears. I do not want such surprises that due to some NI obscure policy, I suddenly cannot continue opening my older/current projects and without warning. There is no real legacy way of thinking from NI side. 😡

NI I used to love you, your products and so. You've lost me for now. I hope you'll wake up from your sleepy behavior. Fingers crossed. 🤞

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Sorry to be "that guy" but the new typography seems pointing a rumoured new product some of us are expecting since time ago...

• YanFlo
    YanFlo Member Posts: 4 Member

Sorry too, I do not need rumors. I need working over time apps/products. I need to open iMaschine and to continue to sketch on the road, whenever I am, without worrying: will I be able to open my projects tomorrow?

Even if iMaschine was considered old by some, it has many positive sides like simplicity, cool flawless workflow, and was just working perfectly.

Sorry, I do not need new logo too. I need apps and products to be supported/updated over time.

Simple as that. App Developers and gear producers who forgot this simple rule are no more there.

Durability. I am not sure NI knows that word.

Let me bring back its definition:

1. permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force
    2. “they advertised the durability of their products”
    3. synonyms:enduringness, lastingness, strength

If NI apps are not durable, forget about creating with it whatsoever.