Can I import wav samples into Traktor, or only if they are packaged as a .trak remix set?

bdbtbb
bdbtbb Member Posts: 15 Member

I am using Traktor Pro 3, the latest stable release (not the latest beta).

It's another newb question from me, apologies, but hope someone can offer some tips.

I have tried just copying wav files to the samples folder but this is not working, and the Import option under the Collection tab only allows import of Traktor Pak files, which are pre-packaged remix sets.

Is there some way I can use the samples (which I bought!) by packaging them into my own .trak file somehow??

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,735 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

You can import any wav file like any of your music. It's helpful to designate them as One-shot or Loop Samples (right mouse click on file) after importing, so they show up automatically in the samples directory. Or import them as One-shot or Loop Samples directly. I mapped one of my keyboad keys to do just that. Either way, you can drag and drop or load sample into slot like any other sample or, for that matter, you can even load a complete track into one of the sample slots, no matter the designation.

You can then populate a remix deck with up to 64 of your new files, give the set a name and then save it. I would even export it (as a .trak file) and put it somewhere safe. Before saving your new remix set, play every sample cell a couple of times. Also adjust all cell attributes to your liking (gain, beatgrid, loop/one-shot, trigger type etc.) before saving, so you don't have to do it on the fly during a performance.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,735 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

You can import any wav file like any of your music. It's helpful to designate them as One-shot or Loop Samples (right mouse click on file) after importing, so they show up automatically in the samples directory. Or import them as One-shot or Loop Samples directly. I mapped one of my keyboad keys to do just that. Either way, you can drag and drop or load sample into slot like any other sample or, for that matter, you can even load a complete track into one of the sample slots, no matter the designation.

You can then populate a remix deck with up to 64 of your new files, give the set a name and then save it. I would even export it (as a .trak file) and put it somewhere safe. Before saving your new remix set, play every sample cell a couple of times. Also adjust all cell attributes to your liking (gain, beatgrid, loop/one-shot, trigger type etc.) before saving, so you don't have to do it on the fly during a performance.

• bdbtbb
    bdbtbb Member Posts: 15 Member

Thanks for the tips!

My difficulty was that I had not moved the samples into one of my Music folders, so they didn't appear automatically, and when I tried to drag and drop from another directory, Traktor wouldn't let me drop them anywhere.

I've now moved them all, imported folders, and will assign them as samples now.