Is a Maschine Jam worth getting to pair with an MK3/+?
I keep hearing about how everyone loves their Maschine Jam controllers and I was curious what people’s experiences are and how they are using it currently.
- Does it allow you use it in a standalone setup with a Maschine+?
- What can it do that an MK3/+ can’t do?
- Do you use it for triggering scenes in a DJ sort of manner or do you use the faders for device automation?
- Can I assign a group’s perform FX to each touch strip so that I can have a dedicated strip for a given group?
I don’t really think I’d wanna use the touch strips for adjusting track levels as the touch strips aren’t as accurate as the knobs on the +, but I do like the idea of assigning different parameters to different touch strips.
Yes it works with +
It offers a few extra controls for live interaction and clip triggering vs the MK3 on its own, but there is also a little duplication.
Clip triggering and (device?) and faders both work.
Perform FX was originally designed with Jam in mind, so works with strips.0
There’s a chapter about the JAM integration.
IMO it is the second best Expansion for your M+ money can buy. The best being a power bank.0
Sequencing and Piano Roll is way more usable than on MK3/M+.
It is faster and more straitforward to play with arrangement of section.0
- 10.6K All Categories
- 20 Welcome
- 441 Hangout
- 58 NI News
- 205 Tech Talks
- 1K Native Access
- 4.9K Komplete
- 611 Komplete General
- 1.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 1.8K Kontakt
- 480 Reaktor
- 150 Battery 4
- 268 Guitar Rig & FX
- 202 Massive X & Synths
- 210 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.2K Maschine
- 14 Sampling Room
- 2.6K Traktor
- 2.4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators