legacy Ashlight installer

JGS11
JGS11 Member Posts: 2 Member

I'm presently using Mac OS 10.13.6 as I await delivery of a new Mac Studio Ultra. A few months ago I scored a feature with lots of Ashlight tracks. Now suddenly, I'm getting an error message saying that Ashlight needs a newer version of Kontakt 6. It worked fine recently and I haven't changed anything. I can't upgrade to Kontakt 6.7 because of my OS. Ashlight version 1.0.1 worked fine. Where can I find this legacy installer? Thanks! I'm really stuck and am in the middle of a new soundtrack that has Ashlight tracks that no longer open.

Best Answers

Answers

• JGS11
    JGS11 Member Posts: 2 Member

No, I can't update to the latest version because it's only compatible with Kontakt 6.7 and Mac OS 10.1. I'm still on 10.13 and Kontakt 6.7 isn't compatible with High Sierra. Ashlight worked fine until this week. I haven't changed anything in my setup. I just need to get through the next 3 months. I have a new Mac Studio arriving in November. I don't have access to older Ashlight installers because of Native Access. I currently have v1.0.1 and would like to reinstall it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@JGS11 I've sent you the installer for the previous version of Ashlight.

• fbelda91
    fbelda91 Member Posts: 1 Member

I updated to Ashlight 1.5.o but it dosn't work anymore, I thint that it's because of my Mac High Sierra 10.13 version.

How can I get the installer of the previous Ashlight version?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

You can get in touch with my colleagues they will provide the installer: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• sweetpiestudio
    sweetpiestudio Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI @Kaiwan_NI

Why was Ashlight v.1.5 pushed to users via Native Access who did not have Kontakt 7.6 installed? It would have been very easy on NI's side to avoid causing users this hassle by preventing the Ashlight update being available to users who did not have Kontakt 7.6 installed (something NI can determine from Native Access).

This issue has also impacted our studio (Kontakt 7.6 won't install on MacOS Catalina) and now we have to roll back multiple composers' computers' Ashlight installations to restore playability of cues already composed to picture!

Can my feedback be passed along to someone at NI who has ownership over the Native Access software rollout strategy, please? This is really disruptive for working studios to deal with. Thanks!

• Jeremy_NI

@sweetpiestudio It's all explained here, along with the installers for the affected libraries: Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries