Bug in TP3 - 3.6.0 325 - Duplicate entries in collection

124»

Comments

• jerome
    jerome Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello. Is there anything new about this bug?

I have a bug related to special characters, not sure whether that's the same.

I'm using Traktor Pro 3.6.1.326 on Windows, and since the upgrade to 3.6.x (that I made yesterday, at the same time I upgraded to Windows 11), Traktor is unable to access files from my iTunes collection (which it always did successfully).

Traktor is not correctly converting Unicode characters in my file paths.

Here is what happens when I try to play a file that contains a ö in its path

Its entry in my iTunes Music Library.xml is "<key>Location</key><string>file://localhost/C:/Users/J%C3%A9r%C3%B4me/Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Media/Music/Ben%20B%C3%B6hmer/Unknown%20Album/Decade%20(feat%20Jan%20Blomqvist).mp3</string>"

That's not a bug in the display, Traktor is really trying to open a file with these garbled characters, that's not a display issue. Here is a screenshot from Procmon, a utility that tracks all file opening attempts:

Is this the same bug as ticket #3437096 (which I am not sure where to find)? Should I open a new bug report?

Thanks

• Jayrock79
    Jayrock79 Member Posts: 4 Member

I think that many users have subscribed too, but since there has been no response so far, there seems to be no plan for this. 😔

And still no Update. 😟

• jerome

For those who could be interested, I made a program that works around the issue (by converting the iTunes Music Library.xml to a format that Traktor understands)

Download it and read instructions at https://github.com/daladim/plist-tools

• jerome

For Traktor devs: really, you should fix this issue.

I'm not sure how deprecated iTunes 12 is on Windows (but I'm keeping it for reasons). I'm not sure how legal it is to percent-escape chars in an XML declared as UTF-8, but as you can see:

• iTunes is generating an XML (that starts with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>) yet that contains percent-escaped UTF-8 chars (e.g. <key>Location</key><string>file://localhost/C:/Users/J%C3%A9r%C3%B4me/...</string>
    • Traktor is decoding them as Latin-1 instead of UTF-8

Fixing this in Traktor would be really simple! Again, please tell me in case I'm complaining in the wrong forum and that I should create an issue in some bug tracker that I did not manage to find.

Thanks

• Svensk
    Svensk Member Posts: 16 Member

Hey is there something new ...? I would like to use the new Traktor :-(

• bartpaes
    bartpaes Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi N.I. Community,

In the end, what is the fix for this issue?

I am running Traktor Scratch Pro 2.11.3 17 on a MBP mid-2012 running Mojave and a few months ago I also started to get similar problems as the ones in this thread.

Tracks from years ago, perfectly analysed, played dozens of times getting duplicated into the Track Collection when loaded onto Track Deck A or B.

Even characters like é, ç, ê, í from tracks in Spanish, French, German, as described by other NI German speaking members happened, but I fixed that by changing the Collection Font.

I get some of these issues happening on Traktor Pro 3 but why is it happening on TP 2 that has no more updates?

What is the fix for the duplicated tracks please?

Thanks

• bartpaes
    bartpaes Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hey guys, can anyone please give me an answer on this?