What was your most unlikely source of inspiration?

2»

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

@pranaearth There's always that ONE kid at a rave who destroys the dancefloor isn't it. Curious to hear the drum part

• Trickle2007
    Trickle2007 Member Posts: 1 Member

My girlfriends heating boiler lately - it's broken and makes strange noises in a quite rhythmic pattern...

Most of the time it's some kind of pattern in sounds from any man made structures in combination with nature, i.e. boiler in combination with water, doors and air, rain on street lanterns, what so ever...

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

@Trickle2007 My girlfriends heating boiler lately - it's broken and makes strange noises in a quite rhythmic pattern...

This one is very unlikely 😂 Love it.

Definitely joining you on the man made structure vs. nature/elements - lots of interesting combinations for field recordings.

• shauntothemax
    shauntothemax Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2022

War of Art is the best, did you read Going Pro as well? Steven Pressfield just nails it.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Art of War is somewhat different book than War of Art.....

• shauntothemax
    shauntothemax Member Posts: 14 Member

When i was working on writing the material for my new album, i took a break and went for a walk. Not too far from my home, there's kind of dune scape with trees and woods in between. The clouds were very interesting that day, and i took a few pics. I was working on a piece that i later named 'The Madness of the Clouds', it's finished now and it came out really fine.😋

• Kaiwan_NI

@shauntothemax said:

I was working on a piece that i later named 'The Madness of the Clouds'

Very curious what kind of music goes with these clouds. A piano piece?

Meanwhile in Berlin...

The pattering sound of raindrops are just so comforting 😌

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

War of art seems interesting. I have indigo gift cards that I'm going to use up this weekend maybe I'll pick it up if there's nothing good in the vinyl section.

• L Dee
    L Dee Member Posts: 6 Member

Right now, it's actually creating music at my girlfriend's living room. It's always very bright there, compared to how dark it is in my apartment. The stuff I make there has a totally different feel and sound!

• Noisey
    Noisey Member Posts: 11 Member

My inspiration comes from other creative people. When I hear something I like, or watch a video with some creative talent, it drives me forward. Also some games and movies. Some past memories (made me to create a sad track that was very cool in 2005).

I look for a lot of inspiration around me and in nature as well. Every day and place is good to get inspired.

• Kaiwan_NI

@L Dee said:

It's always very bright there, compared to how dark it is in my apartment. The stuff I make there has a totally different feel and sound!

Never thought something we take for granted like darkness and light would have an impact on the type of music you make.

Reminds me of Olafur Eliasson's weather project 🌞

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
  • Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,904 Pro

For me, the inspiration was nature, technology, creative possibilities and the potential of the effects and virtual instruments I have.