What Kontakt libraries work with Maschine Plus standalone?

2»

Comments

• Wilmar Boer
    Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 62 Helper

A possibility to switch a full group from patternbased to DAW based so that you have 8 tracks of Audio/Midi with punch in/out recording and linear tracks across the entire song would make my day. Clips are nice. But I miss the ability to repair pieces of recordings. For the rest I can do 90% within Maschine. Another option is to sync Cubasis on my iPad to a Plus to have some lineair tracks alongside. In the end I want to play guitar and vocal tracks besides the electronic foundation I laid down in Maschine.

• KIRI
    KIRI Member Posts: 34 Member

interesting diversion (I also own MPC Live alongside Maschine+ so can relate to the comments above... ) but to get back to the original threat subject, I've just discovered that I can run some of my favourite 3rd party Kontakt plugins in M+ standalone, further testing needed for stability but so far loading and playing sounds from these:

Output Analog Strings

Output Analog Brass & Winds

Output Substance

Wave Alchemy Bassynth

I had no idea these would work in Standalone (with full tagging etc in the browser because they are NKS standard) - and I feel like M+ just got a whole new lease of life.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
  • KIRI
    KIRI Member Posts: 34 Member

sorry false alarm/hope ... just been trying again and although I can still get all the previews and tags in the browser, and seem to be able to load sounds into sound slots - but then nothing actually plays in pad/keyboard mode, and all the fields are n/a. wish I'd recorded it earlier in the day - since then I've updated the firmware; pretty sure it was just me getting it wrong, but infuriating to think it might have been working before the update.

anyway, as you were and apologies for jumping the gun. if I get it working again will report back.