Timing issues on Guitar Instruments in Maschine 2 - Session Guitarist (Picked and Strummed Acoustic)

aaronmaschine
aaronmaschine Member Posts: 6 Member

Hey guys,

I've been trying to use the new guitar instruments I recently purchase while producing in Maschine 2 software and I continue to have timing issues where the Guitar Pattern will not sync correctly with the actual track. It seems to be a 1 second off from the down beat. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? I'm running a brand new Macbook Pro with a M1 Max chip // 64 GB RAMM. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! I'm using a Maschine MK2 but I don't think that should matter honestly because I don't have these problems with other instruments.

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Make sure to trigger the pattern slightly before the downbeat (as well as the chords) See the "Tips and Tricks" section of the Picked or Strummed Acoustic Manuals "Create Natural Transitions between Chords"

Having the patterns and chords trigger directly on the beats (or quantized to beats) will produce the behavior you are seeing.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Make sure to trigger the pattern slightly before the downbeat (as well as the chords) See the "Tips and Tricks" section of the Picked or Strummed Acoustic Manuals "Create Natural Transitions between Chords"

Having the patterns and chords trigger directly on the beats (or quantized to beats) will produce the behavior you are seeing.

• aaronmaschine
    aaronmaschine Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2022

Thank you @Blindeddie for reaching out!

I checked the tips and tricks manual as suggested and I get what you're saying but still not fully understanding. I tried to do this but I can't seem to figure it out without messing it up still. I'm starting my song with the 4 bar guitar loop so I'm having trouble doing it in that instance. Do you have any advice on how to execute this technique in the Maschine 2 software? I took off the quantize and input quantize but still having trouble starting the recording before my the downbeat / beat 1? Do you have any suggestions on how to do this affectively?

It seems as tho I'm grid locked inside the Maschine 2 software but I complete understand the concept especially after seeing the picture in the manual of the MIDI notes but still am having trouble achieving the technique.

• Blind_hazey
    Blind_hazey Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Lift off the key fully on the 8th note or the and before the beat. Hit changing note on the last 16th or 32nd note before you think it should. Kinda roll into transition . Quantising while rec or play can mess it up too. Hope it helps minus a video