Info and opinions regarding Komplete update

Khlavem
Khlavem Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing good! I was hoping someone could help me out with this one: I received a notification about a limited time offer to update my Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's Edition to Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition for 249,50 €. For the avoidance of doubt, if I decide to update it I will keep all of the old edition content and get only the new stuff, right? I mean, if there are libraries and plugins that were contained in 12 but not in 13 will I keep or lose those as if I purchased directly the newest version? Lastly I ask your personal advice before taking a decision: since most of the content of the newest edition is pretty much the same as the older one I have, except of course for the juicy new stuff, would you advise me to go for the upgrade or you think I can do without it? Do you think the offer is convenient for the new additions considering the two editions share mostly the same content? Thank you all very much in advance for enlightening me, have a good one!

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Yes, you will keep also old (not present in K13) plugins/libraries, if any exist...

I like new things in K13U CE, but that may be personal. If you are not convinced, maybe better to wait for K14U CE that might come late this year. Sale would probably be in a year (next Summer).

• Khlavem
    Khlavem Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it! If I wait next year for sales on K14U CE won't I lose the qualification to upgrade? if that's not the case, don't you think the upgrade cost would anyway be greater than upgrading now, since I skip an edition? I mean, if I could pay the same price to upgrade to the newest edition next year that would be super convenient, but I presume the price rises if you update from a 2 or 3 years old edition, or not?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Well, under the condition upgrade policy will not change, it probably will be this way.

1) The price for upgrade/update is the same regardless from which version (.., 10, 11, 12, ..) one upgrades,

2) Summer Sale brings discounts -50% for upgrades/updates.

3) Christmas Sale brings discounts -30 to -40% for upgrades/updates.

4) The Sale that follows release of new version does not bring discount for upgrades/updates.

5) New version comes every two years. (It should be this September/October, but I guess it might be few months delayed, if it is to be VST3 and Apple Silicon native.....)

But there is a new owner, things may change. But it has worked like that for at least six years. With exception that Christmas Sale discount used to be also -50%.