The NIHardwareAgent services are not running after 2.15.2 update (Solved)

August Alchemy
August Alchemy Member Posts: 21 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

Just downloaded the update today and My controller (STUDIO) does not pick up. Upon investigation I notice that NIHardwareAgent services is not running.

I tried starting it but it says the file doesn't exist. I then checked and it's right.... My NIHARDWARESERVICES. exe is missing.

I tried to reinstall the update to see if it would fix it but it didn't. Is there a way to get just the NIhardwareservices.exe?

BTW I didn't have the problem of the hardware controller not responding before the update.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Solution from the OP:

Well I solved it, but I'll leave this here just in case others have the same problem.

I went back to my last week's backup and found the .exe file that is now missing. I just copied and pasted the file in the location that it was looking for and it started working. I'm not sure why it was removed with the update.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Solution from the OP:

Well I solved it, but I'll leave this here just in case others have the same problem.

I went back to my last week's backup and found the .exe file that is now missing. I just copied and pasted the file in the location that it was looking for and it started working. I'm not sure why it was removed with the update.