NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• ricksa82
    ricksa82 Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I’ve bought the lot tonight after being emailed a 25% off code from Baby Audio which worked on the already discounted bundle! Fantastic plugins!

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 107 Helper
    Options

Wow, was a bit dissapointed to find after I bought it, that no VST3 installer was included for Mac. Hopefully it is just a matter of a build and the author can respond with an installer.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,773 mod
    Options

Thanks I was considering updating this for the VST3 but on Mac (maybe just Ventura and AS) there is a bug with that version where the params are out of sync with the patches between the VST2 and 3 versions and also when saving patches with the VST3.

• Guy Brown
    Guy Brown Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Thanks for this. I followed the guide in the first link and the text file from Kymeia and got it mostly working.

For some reason, the background colour and the categories aren't working.

Here are the values in the color.json file:

{ "VB_bgcolor" : "09b2de" }

Here's a screenshot of where the files are:

In the browser in the Maschine software and on Maschine mk3 the background is black...

Any ideas of what I might be missing?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

You should check the image folder, probably the appropriate logos are black, or not transparent.

With a transparent .png you can see the background color. Without a transparent .png, you only see the color of the .png itself ;-)

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

Also check if you have the correct Vendor name. I don't have the Air Flavour Pro, but for some older plugins from Air Music, the correct Vendor name is "AirMusicTech" You could find the Vendor name on the properties tab

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 411 Guru
    Options

And also, their new plugins are 'Air Music Technology' - so two different vendor names.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2022
    Options

Might also be as simple as needing to have the folders and filenames in lowercase (which seems to be a preference, although it may not be entirely necessary)

• Guy Brown
    Guy Brown Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I found out what the issue was!!! A simple mistake between the US spelling of Flavor and the UK spelling of Flavour! At some point spell check must have “helped me out” 😂

Thanks everyone :)

Last question. My presets are working in the sense that they are setting all the right parameters. But they are not syncing with the presets that are selectable through the plugin. Selecting the preset via Maschine’s browser just applies the parameter changes to what ever preset was selected via the plugin at that point in time rather that change the preset within the plugin. I presume that that is just the way it is.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

• Sunborn
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hello, i have one question for those who are familiar with scripts.

ok, we have the gulpfile.coffee for rename banks etc. however i notice that the syntax covers only NKS instruments (.nksf) and not FX (.nksfx)! Here is the relative code:

gulp.src ["src/**/*.nksf"] -in 3 different lines

so, by logic, i renamed it to gulp.src ["src/**/*.nksfx"]and i successfully fixed the effect banks.

However, i have to always rename those 3 lines, if i have to rename an instrument and then, another effect etc etc. which is annoying.

What i am asking is, if it possible to include both types in the same syntax.

i tried this one gulp.src ["src/**/*.nksf, *.nksfx"] but nothing happened, so obviously is a wrong syntax... anyone can help?

Thank you

UPDATE: ok, i found it, by trial and error! Here is the correct code, i hope you find it useful 😉

gulp.src ["src/**/*.nksf", "src/**/*.nksfx"]

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 411 Guru
    Options

There's a new folder in @Kymeia's Dropbox - which has the following for now (VST3 Only):

BT Phobos VST3 update

Output Thermal

Unfiltered Audio: Lo-FI-Af

Excite Audio: Lifeline Expanse Lite

I'll have a few more going up soon, including:

Output Portal

Equator 2

Spitfire Audio: Mercury

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 87 Advisor
    Options
  • Sunborn
    edited December 2022
    Options

yes i am 😋

ok, another task that i want to investigate is the utility (a Java script) from the bitwig-nks-preview-generator (which i don't use at all, because i don't own or use Biwig and i don't care so much about previews), named gulp-nksf2fxb.

I have also no interest about it as is, but i am extremely interesting about the opposite, aka gulp-fxb2nksf!

I will try to see if i can reverse the code somehow. If anyone likes to participate in this research we may find a working solution soon! 😉

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 107 Helper
    Options

I noticed something pretty interesting to me. The Komplete Kontrol and Machine support folders have the same files in them: komplete.db3 and Plugin.data. So I thought...what if...?

Sure enough, they seem to be compatible.

• Kymeia
    Options

I made a NKS template for the VST3 version of Generate since it doesn't migrate yet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0t2u05uq7dtrn3/Generate%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0