NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Daniel
    Daniel Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

@JesterMgee Can't wait for your update for Nexus 4 NKS. I am very curious.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,644 Expert
    Options

It's still coming. I'm having a bit of a break at the moment focusing on some other projects, NKS is laborious and pretty boring work to do sometimes so I need a hard break especially since i'm not all that pumped about the latest KK updates and the number of people that are asking me why libraries are now no longer showing in the software. But it is still being worked on, just as you can imagine a lot of work needed.

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

Forget about NKS, what the heck is taking the pinball cabinet so long!? 😁

• JesterMgee
    Options

Ha, well even with the best laid plans, building from scratch is a challenge especially since parts I need come from all over and at the moment it's literally waiting for paint to dry. Oil based paint sux but have to use it because vinyl decals will bubble if you use water based and I am waiting for it to cure a bit so I can sand back the undercoat then paint it again in black (takes about a week or 2 to be dry enough to sand the thicker spots without clogging the sander in 3 seconds) ... It is, however, now starting to look the part

Just ordered the glass for the playfield and should have vinyl in a few weeks but likely can't apply it till next year or around xmas since it will take a good few weeks after final paint to fully cure and harden but will have it running before then, just have to paint the black then I can start wiring everything up and put the legs on.

I could literally install everything now and be playing it by weekend, but then I have to remove everything to paint it. Even the monitors in this image need to be taken out again for paint so makes it tough to progress and everything put in needs to be "easily" removed down the track for replacement or maintenance so a bit of care is needed to make sure every piece can be removed.

Might make an off topic thread if there is interest to see how it turns out, I did post on my facebook page which is where you saw it I saw, but i'm not really much of a FB user other than to discuss things in groups I need info from.

• JesterMgee
    Options

So I upgraded to Avenger 2, have not tested but found that in the checkout, if I select AUD as my currency they rip me off by an additional $15 over selecting USD and having Paypal convert the currency (which is also a higher conversion than market) so they gouge people from other countries at checkout, selected to pay in USD and that is not as bad now I guess with the BF discount.

SO I will look and see if the current NKS can be updated to work, I likely believe it cannot and will take me a while to figure out what the hell I even did to make the presets since the modular pages are all different. I know I didn't do it by hand, would send me insane but it was over 5 years ago now I did that library so i'm going to have to study my old code and see what I was doing.

• jggorman
    Options

Wow, this is going to be great. It reminds me of that cool company that would create the hardware controllers of instruments for vintage synth plugins. I wish I could recall the link, but they were pretty amazing...

• JesterMgee
    Options

Yeah wish I could build synths, likely could make a simple one but with all the plugins now available I’m not all that keen to make my own chip tune synth. I do follow “Look mum no computer” on YT and love what he does, I’m kind of similar in that I just love building things and pulling things apart. Spent 2 years building my 4WD for off-road adventures in central Australia but with cost of fuel now very high especially in the Outback I’m not able to head as far out as I like so need something to keep me tinkering.

• jggorman
    Options

I'm working Samples from Mars. 67 Packs, over 3K sounds. It's a Kontakt instrument and will likely require you to batch resave the presets in Kontakt and point to your Samples from Mars folder. It's on sale now for $49. If anyone wants a draft, please contact me.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,864 mod
    Options

This is what I'm working on next

A template will probably be ready later tomorrow

• jggorman
    Options

I think it was done, check the bottom of page 125, there's a google drive link.

• jggorman
    Options

Samples from Mars. 67 Packs, over 3K sounds. No layout. No audio previews. It's a Kontakt instrument and will likely require you to batch resave the presets in Kontakt and point to your Samples from Mars folder. It's on sale now for $49.

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks - I thought the Apple Silicon VST3 has just come out though so the older one might not migrate but I'll take a look anyway

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks for making these, unfortunately I seem not to be able to load them on M1 Mac (the Apple Silicon version has just been released) - I'm not sure if it's a migration issue though as the error message in native mode is the usual migration error message, but even when I run KK in Rosetta it still says 'vaporizer2 could not be loaded', which suggests to me they also gave them different IDs for some reason.

• Kymeia
    Options

Also this version doesn't seem to change knob positions when you change the patch so I can only make a template, not save patches, very annoying, seems to be a bug

• jggorman
    edited December 2023
    Options

I had a bit of trouble with Vaporizer2 on Macos. Many reinstalls until I got it working. I chalked it up to me not having the AVX2 processor, but once I had one version working, it has been stable.