Share your no. 1 Maschine tips

Options
2»

Comments

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Options

It's not "just" a drumpad!

The Maschine is to Komplete what the Push is to Live...

Many people that I am aware of look at Maschine and when seeing the 4 x 4 pad grid they conclude: "drumpad", so obviously it's not for you if your goal isn't percussion, right?

Well, no, wrong!

Now, context is a thing here, there is no 'one size fits all' approach when it comes to Maschine, but just for contexts sake... I own both the awesome Symphony Series (fanboy modus goes into effect here; this is the prime of my home studio!!) and I also managed to pick up an amazing support product called:

Versilian chamber orchestra 2!

Powered by Kontakt, if you haven't guessed already; which is exactly my point here... 😎 Notice me saying Kontakt and not mentioning NKS?

So about that...

Here I loaded Kontakt in Maschine, then manually (using keyboard/mouse) loaded VCO2 into Kontact and.. see above.

Looks may be deceiving but if you look closely you'll notice that I can't really customize or affect anything using the Maschine controls.

And yet here I am... squeezing out some some really solid orchestral scores using nothing more than a 4 x 4 pad grid (and it's awesome pitch slider!).

So summing up: do not underestimate what you can do with a "mere" 4 x 4 grid to play notes.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 134 Pro
    Options
  • MaxPtah
    MaxPtah Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Learned this while just playing around and trying to figure out using Lockstates. Ended searching and seeing Red Means Recording video on it and learned a lot more. But this is a tip on how I use lockstates to arrange songs on the fly:

and here's a bonus one on my favorite expansions for Maschine: