Share your no. 1 Maschine tips

Options
Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,589 admin
edited October 2022 in Social Club

Maschinerists, how do you use your gear?

We've been sharing our own Maschine tips and tricks lately, but we all have different workflows and we want to hear from you.

Whether it's the tried-and-true way to fatten up your drums or the best way to use modulation, share the hot tips for Maschine and Maschine+ you can't live without below. 👇

Comments

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    edited May 2022
    Options

Route Midi from outside Maschine into any pad with solutions like Loopmidi (on win)

Split your group between a midi instrument and samples or audio modules or whatever by routing several pad's midi onto a single pad with a VSTi on it.

Don't skip the multifx groups in the browser, they are a treasure trove of awesomeness

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

i got a lot but Raum is making unbelivable sounds and i offten geting questions about how i made my sound. Raum is special plugin that is very profitable and concurent plugins just donesnt have Raum charather , it is super fast magic solution for me.

• Seqsual
    Seqsual Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

Mallets instead of fingers.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited May 2022
    Options

Wow! I didn't know that one, even after so many years in support 😅 thanks so much for the tip, how did you find about it ?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,136 Guru
    Options

I've found references to this tip from as far back as 2013!

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    Options

Using maschine stand alone, using (group) macros, create a starting template (set it in prefs) with some of your favorite reverb/delay FX on the lastbup group, then you just can send something to it quickly,

• Tom Mosler
    Tom Mosler Member Posts: 15 Advisor
    Options

I always save Groups as full compositions together with all Patterns. The problem is when I want to work with polyrhythms inside one Group. Using Shift+Pattern length is only great for polyrhythms across different Groups. My solution for mixing 4/4 beats with polyrhythms inside one Group, is to extend Pattern length until polyrhythmic sequence loops/starts again at the next first beat.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Cool idea! What kind of mallets have you tried already? Any recommendations?

• Season
    Season Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I tried to post this here the other day, but I posted on @creative dwill's YouTube page a while ago [I was probably half asleep though LOL!]:

"Add a sound, Set to legato under Voice/Settings Engine, Set to ADSR under Pitch/Envelope. Then under Sampler turn loop on and drag the loop points to an area you want to extend and zoom in and precisely put the loop points either on a zero crossing or if you can't do that look at the pattern of the waveform and place the beginning and end at a section that probably looks the same on both ends to avoid clicks and pops. Under the AMP Envelope, you might want a fast attack, short decay, a sustain around 3 o'clock, and a release around 2 o'clock. I used to do it on my MPC back in the day to sample one-shot instruments, a couple of seconds of record crackle before a song starts (it's even better if you recorded it with the needle being placed on the record too), I also used to use it for taking a heavy kick and turning it into a bass, or I would sample a bass and just loop it. LOL! I learned it back when I had an MPC 2000 back in the day but got better with it by using the old Sound Forge where I could store the loop points within the wav file and just drop it in any DAW or MPC and all I would have to do is set the ADSR and if I wanted to filter it or not. From what I understand, the newer versions of Sound Forge doesn't save the loop points in the wav file anymore, it just saves it in the sound forge project now."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku-mLZZY0Ps

• Seqsual
    Seqsual Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

I went DIY route using wine corks and sort of thick soft material (normally used as vacuum cleaner filter). After some adjustments it worked well with velocity sensitive patches (like Pianoteq). The pads were a little bit rattling but again - a piece of soft material placed over them solved it. I think the size of pads makes Maschine perfect for this and it really change the flow (compared to finger drumming).

• Jeremy_NI
    Options
  • Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

Use plugin doctor on 3rd party plugins to find latency values for plugins, Maschine has no PDC.