Traktor pro 3 scratch for all

Options
Mickash01
Mickash01 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

So I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i/20 mk2, these don’t have any phono in or out, i was wondering if it’s possible to use phono to jack cables from my mixer and then into the interface, to allow time coded vinyl control, or if there’s a way to integrate into my my Maschine mk3?

Really fancying blowing the dust off the old decks and taking them for a spin.

thanks in advance for any help or advice.🤜🏻🤛🏻

Tagged:

Best Answer

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 257 Pro
    edited July 1 Answer ✓
    Options

As you didn‘t tell which turntables and which mixers you use it is difficult to give detailed advice.

In general you need a chain turntable → phono preamp → audio interface → mixer - for each turntable. If you have turntables with integrated preamps you can connect them to your Scarlett. If have dedicated preamps between turntable and your Scarlett it will work. Using preamps in the mixer usually only works if your audio interface is also part of this mixer. Otherwise you usually don‘t get the signal out of your mixer into your interface behind the preamps but before master bus. I can think of mixers where this may could work with some fancy routing with send and returns - if the mixer supports pre fader send und have enough free channel strips. But this is quirky and more a proof of concept than a real usable solution.

Either get a DVS audio interface, a DVS mixer or two dedicated phono preamps.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,706 Expert
    Options

What mixer do you have? But probably not, most DJ mixers that don't have USB can't send the individual signal to different outs, only all to master.

Two phono pre-amps would work.

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 257 Pro
    edited July 1 Answer ✓
    Options

As you didn‘t tell which turntables and which mixers you use it is difficult to give detailed advice.

In general you need a chain turntable → phono preamp → audio interface → mixer - for each turntable. If you have turntables with integrated preamps you can connect them to your Scarlett. If have dedicated preamps between turntable and your Scarlett it will work. Using preamps in the mixer usually only works if your audio interface is also part of this mixer. Otherwise you usually don‘t get the signal out of your mixer into your interface behind the preamps but before master bus. I can think of mixers where this may could work with some fancy routing with send and returns - if the mixer supports pre fader send und have enough free channel strips. But this is quirky and more a proof of concept than a real usable solution.

Either get a DVS audio interface, a DVS mixer or two dedicated phono preamps.