Good coders to alter NI's factory portamento script?

WocherMusic
WocherMusic Member Posts: 5 Member

Dear community,

I've come to the point where I need a professional coder's help to lighten NI's factory portamento (unison) script.

I'd like to implement it in my instrument, but I don't want to have the expert settings. I suppose having those makes the script CPU-heavier (it's already quite big even without the portamento part), plus I don't want to have unneeded lines of code that clutter the script. My knowledge about KSP is far below what that factory script incorporates though, so I can't go about deleting stuff on my own.

Last year I found a site where a guy offers KSP scripting services. I can't remember the website though. Does anyone have a tip on where to look for a coder?

Thanks for any hints!

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

You don't have to worry about all those parameters. The script is fairly CPU efficient no matter what is being used. So I would just hide controls that you don't need and forget about it.

In fact, I do this quite often. Never a problem.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

You don't have to worry about all those parameters. The script is fairly CPU efficient no matter what is being used. So I would just hide controls that you don't need and forget about it.

In fact, I do this quite often. Never a problem.

• WocherMusic
    WocherMusic Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2022

Thank you so much for your insight, ED!

May I ask, what kind of script would evoke bad CPU efficiency? Just to know how to keep my own scripts as "light" as possible.

Anyone who's interested (or for the record): as the on persistence_changed callback didn't exist yet back in 2009, here is what would be required for the factory script "Unisono - Portamento" to save the mono mode and portamento knob values with snapshots. All other elements will display the correct value upon loading a snapshot. (I hid the Voices section and the Expert view, so I didn't insert those into this callback.)

on init
       set_snapshot_type(1) {this acts globally for all five script slots!}
    end on
    on persistence_changed 
       set_knob_label($mono_mode_knob,!Mode_name[$mono_mode_knob])
       set_knob_label($portamento_knob,!Portamento_knob_name[$portamento_knob])
    end on