Track decks vs remix decks

ivi apricot
ivi apricot Member Posts: 21 Member

I am moving from rekordbox to Traktor and I want to use a Midi control setup using Traktor and Maschine

I’ll be mixing tracks on 2 decks but I want to add elements (loops, vocals, ambient sound) on 2 additional decks.

My initial thought was to have a 4-deck setup using using two Traktor X1.

But I wonder if a 2-track deck and a remix decks setup (one Traktor X1 and a F1) would make more sense.

I have never used one and watching Youtube videos does not give you a real life feeling of what this might be like.

Can anyone with experience of the F1 give me a feedback of what it might give me more than a second X1 to control 2 additional decks?

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• Claashollwegs
    Claashollwegs Member Posts: 19 Member

Hi,
    I use 2 x X1 MK3 and 2 x F1 along with a Z1 as audio interface.
    Maybe a little overload, but it gives me a lot of control over all 4 decks.
    I alos have an S4 Mk2, still deviding on what is the best setup though.

The F1 is definitely the best controller to work with remix sets, all other solutions require a lot of tinkering to get all the controls that I want.

Best regards
    Claas

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 301 Pro

I use an X1 MK1 and an F1, with a DJM-850 for DVS.

Deck A & Deck B are controlled with the X1. Deck C is a Remix Deck controlled by the F1. I also use Deck D, with a custom mapping for the X1 (toggle control of Deck B & Deck D with modifiers).

For control of Remix Decks, the F1 is truly unbeatable. Read the F1 manual. You'll fall in love with what can be done, and rush out and buy one immediately.

Remix Decks are MASSIVELY under-rated, and I'm super happy to see them getting some love in the forum lately.