Feature Requests: Should Users be NI’s North Poll?

Options
2»

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

Nice compilation with slight problems:

1. This thread is about how to use forum polls in a meaningful way to interact with the development.
    2. Maschine is not a DAW, its a performance groove box at its core (which DAW comes with a dedicated hardware and can be used as plugin in another DAW?)
    3. NI are sending out questionnaires and gather feedback from their support form.
    4. Your propositions on how a development team should approach their tasks are pretty basic.
    5. Prioritizing is actually one of the more difficult tasks, because unrelated features might be actually technically depend on each others. Also, it means users get something but have to wait for something else.
  • Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

About checking what other DAWs can do....

I had to think about someone from the Blender team who described how people send them the features of competition products to implement next.

Like really? You think they don't know what other DAWs do? Or they kinda forgot to check? There's so many things wrong with this, I feel it's hard to point it all out. All of a sudden I miss the downvote button...

Basically, I would love to participate in polls, but only if NI can give some definite answer as to how much the results of something like a poll would influence anything on their side.

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Options

If the poll was initiated by the staff then you know something is in the works and that the poll will actually influence things. NI staff started a thread in the old form asking what we would like to see for the next X1 I know it wasn't a poll but it's how you can tell if something is happening if it comes from the horses mouth. I've never seen a user generated poll on any forum do anything to influence things.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

@Solncev_ "developers should know better than us what problems there are in the program"

I think there's a middle ground here. It takes both the community to voice their opinions + understand what's viable, and the product team to be open-minded to drive things forward.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

Hopefully new management, partnerships and forum are signaling a shift in culture toward more transparency, engagement and accountability to users.

@GoKeez 100%!