Pioneer Opus - Traktor integration

Options
djalexandros
djalexandros Member Posts: 4 Member

I’m starting a new residency at a venue that only has a Pioneer Opus controller. Appreciate that Opus is not Traktor ready, but is there any other way around integrating it with Traktor? I haven’t been able to find any mappings online. Seems like transitioning to Rekordbox might be the only viable route, but before doing so any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 111 Advisor
    edited May 4 Answer ✓
    Options

first off, sorry to hear that the venue got an Opus instead of XDJ-XZ. I and many others don’t like that device. This is besides the point
    Back to Traktor. If you have the time, It’s possible to easily make the Traktor Mappings yourself using the OPUS as a midi controller. The mapping can be Simple and straight forward (no modifiers or advanced features).

Simple mapping will give you basic functionality like play, cue, hot cues, browsing, loading, and basic FX controls on just 2 Decks. I can map the basics like that in like 20 minutes or less using the “LEARN” button. Next in Traktor Preferences, under Output Routing, Set mixing mode to “External” and assign Traktor Decks A+B to the OPUS 1+2, and you’re ready to go if you don’t need anything fancy.

or if your feeling it can deep dive into way more advanced MIDI mapping using “modifiers”.

The “how-to MIDI map on Traktor” is too long for me to post here but there are many tutorials online from DJ tech tools or other YouTubers on how to do it.

Answers

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 111 Advisor
    edited May 4 Answer ✓
    Options

first off, sorry to hear that the venue got an Opus instead of XDJ-XZ. I and many others don’t like that device. This is besides the point
    Back to Traktor. If you have the time, It’s possible to easily make the Traktor Mappings yourself using the OPUS as a midi controller. The mapping can be Simple and straight forward (no modifiers or advanced features).

Simple mapping will give you basic functionality like play, cue, hot cues, browsing, loading, and basic FX controls on just 2 Decks. I can map the basics like that in like 20 minutes or less using the “LEARN” button. Next in Traktor Preferences, under Output Routing, Set mixing mode to “External” and assign Traktor Decks A+B to the OPUS 1+2, and you’re ready to go if you don’t need anything fancy.

or if your feeling it can deep dive into way more advanced MIDI mapping using “modifiers”.

The “how-to MIDI map on Traktor” is too long for me to post here but there are many tutorials online from DJ tech tools or other YouTubers on how to do it.

• djalexandros
    djalexandros Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

thank you Vic Angelo!

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 592 Pro
    Options

If the Opus has a cover that's stable to put another controller on. I would possibly buy the S4MK3 if the club was ok with it. Of course without seeing the setup and space it might not be possible.

But it would be nice cause then you could practice at home as well.

The main complaint I always see is people trying to get the screens on Dj equipment to work with software not made for it.

I think I saw a post on Reddit or somewhere saying that Virtual Dj or maybe Algoriddim was working and also the displays. I don't know for sure.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,464 Expert
    Options

It's a standalone controller, I would just use it as such. No need to hassle with laptop or other controllers.