Using Maschine Mk3 for live performance

Options
Maxhombre
Maxhombre Member Posts: 51 Member

Hi everyone,

I want to use Maschine Mk3 + Jam for live performance and have a few questions I cannot get answers to from native Instruments

a} Can I bypass using a Laptop and load Maschine Mk3 song projects direct from a portable SSD Hard Drive for live performance? or will I have to use a Laptop? 

b} Is Maschine Mk3 stable enough for live stage performance?

d} f I have to buy an Apple Macbook Pro or MacBook Air s/h to use with the Maschine Mk3+Jam, how much Ram and size of internal Hard Drive would be preferable with a set of 10 Songs that are quite large and orchestral in nature? would a MacBook with 8gb of Ram / 256gb SSD be sufficient for my needs or a bare minimum?

e} Can the USB port on the Maschine Mk3 connect to a MacBook Air USB 4 thunderbolt port? and if so would I have to use the correct OSX version and later MacBook Pro/Air for it to work properly?

Many thanks in advance if anyone has any insight into this as there is very little available information and on contacting Ni I was just fobbed off with a YouTube link that didn't answer my questions.

Kind regards

Maxhombre

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,901 mod
    Options

I'll try to answer a few questions here.

a) No you can't, the MK3 is only a controller, it nneds a computer to run the program.

b) and d) I'd rather leave this to experienced users

e) You will need some kind of hub that you plug to the Thunderbolt plug of the Mac, you can find a lot of different models.

We have a dedicated support section also, directly accessible on NI's website, if you have specific questions or issues with Maschine, you can get in touch here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_maschine