Komplete Kontrol Instruments Go out of Tune

Options
Mitchell Heading
Mitchell Heading Member Posts: 2 Member
edited March 13 in Komplete Kontrol

Has anyone else had this problem? You write a part for a song in using one of the instruments in Komplete Kontrol and when you open your project the next day it's out of tune? I'm using Ableton Live 11. I've checked there are no envelopes on the clips. There are no settings on the synth that are causing a pitch change. The only thing I can do is delete and reload the instrument.

Tagged:

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 477 Pro
    Options

I haven't experienced this at all on Ableton 11 on Windows.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 147 Advisor
    Options

Is it perhaps an analogue synth that has a virtual aging detune parameter? Does it happen to all instruments inside Komplete Kontrol?

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 611 Pro
    Options

If you have Ableton Live 12 (released just last week), can you tell us if it happens for you on that version?

I have it, but due to family matters, I don't have time this week to do any testing.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 343 Advisor
    Options

No I never experienced such thing , it is always perfect and on point

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Options

What instrument are you using? I've seen several that have variable tuning features to give the instrument and analog feel.

• Mitchell Heading
    Mitchell Heading Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I'm using Razor. But I've noticed this happens on many Komplete Kontrol instruments. It's happened a few times on strings and brass. It has to be some sort of glitch becasue when I delete and reload with the same preset, it's in tune again. I just make sure I save all my parameter changes before I close the project. But would be better to not have to worry about it. I'm on Windows.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,753 mod
    Options

@Mitchell Heading That's a really weird issue and was never reported before. I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the sample frequency in Ableton, do you have other applications using audio? are they set at the same sample frequency? What about the output of your Windows system, is it also set to the same sample frequency?

• kristopher
    kristopher Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Never will understand answering when you don't know!! 'Hey I have an issue can anyone help',,,to which person replies " No I can't help"......Why?

• BIF
    edited March 24
    Options

That user you referred to is one of the MOST HELPFUL on this forum. So he responded; big deal. Besides that, this is a community. Which means we talk. We converse. We communicate. I can't help either, and I basically said so in a prior post too. Because it's a community. So sue us, lol.

Oh, and edit to add: Sometimes, by responding to a thread, that makes it easier to later track that thread; kind of like I'm bookmarking it or dropping a signal buoy so I can come back to that fishing spot later. Life is not a static thing. Just because I can't think of an answer on Saturday night, that doesn't mean that I can't help for all time going forward.

I could want to come back to contribute some useful information or think of another question to ask the OP at a LATER time...you know, if another forum member happens to ask something or say something that makes me think of something that hadn't already occurred to me.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    Options

Could it be any connected MIDI keyboard with a bad pitch bend wheel, sending continuous pitch bend data?

Try loading the MIDI Monitor device in Ableton Live (it's under MIDI Effects) and set it to 'Flow' mode. If any pitch bend data is received it should show it as 'BND' like in the image below.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,753 mod
    Options

@Mitchell Heading Any update on this one?

• kristopher
    Options

I'm sorry I said that!! I was having a bad night and that was the first comment I saw and I took out my frustrations on the wrong avenue!! If I'm being honest (and a hypocryte) I do the same thing all the time!! As you're right , this is a forum !! I'm glad you called me out I deseerve it......Again I am very sorry for saying that as I too do the same thing!! Take care out there!!

• kristopher
    Options

I'm very sorry I said that!! I do the same thing often. I was having a bad night and took it out on the wrong avenue!! I'm glad you called me out on it as I deserved it! Again , I am very sorry I should have kept that thought to myself, please accept my apology

• kristopher
    Options

Very glad you called me out!! What an idiot I was for saying that!! I myself have done the same thing...Of course we should feel free to say whatever is on our minds!! I truly am very very sorry...I offer my humblest apologies and please don't think that represents me as a person!! Far from it!! I felt bad as soon as I typed it then I forgot about it...I am very humbled and glad to be called out on!! I aplogize if it bothered , or offended or just angered anyone!! I was out of line and should've kept that to myself!!! Truly, I am SORRY

• BIF
    Options

Thank you for revisiting this. Don't worry, we're all good!

Have you been able to find help? I've been busy with life responsibilities and don't always get to come back to prior threads.