Any future Komplete Kontrol S88 mk2 firmware update ?

Options
13»

Comments

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 515 Pro
    Options

I don't think any of this was aimed at you. You were very clear you were working to get your system up and making good use of it. The thing that tends to bother me most is knowing the interdependency between software vendors and the operating system vendors, or DAW vendors they have to work with to get their products working consistently and out to the market. There are clearly bugs that can creep into any software or hardware product, but a host of problems related to only one platform says everything about where a lot of these problems lie right now, and NI shouldn't be held accountable for that.

There is plenty that NI can be held accountable for, but in my experience it's more about communicating effectively with their customers about the individual products, what they do, where and how things fit together and make a complete eco system. Because there is no framework of reference for where and how all the different pieces fit together people get confused and in trying to fix the problems they create more problems.

NI has a very prominent place in the music creation universe, but it is a highly technical space as much, if not moreso, than DAWs. The problem is that many people understand why they would want to use these facilities but are starting with a very limited technical background. NI could help them out by creating good video content and online classrooms, but I'm not sure even NI knows how to effectively frame where and how the products all fit together in a consistent way. If they were to simply focus on that objective they'd probably gain far fewer headaches as a result of customers being more self-sufficient.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 631 Pro
    Options

Thank you for the clarifications.

Oh, and your wife's birthday is only a one-day event? You're definitely getting off easy!