Pattern Player switching

Options
Sacco Naz
Sacco Naz Member Posts: 130 Advisor
edited March 5 in Mapping Traktor

Hey does anyone use more than one the Patter Player? I'm using the F1 Pattern Player mapping which is nice because it's like having a miniature sequencer...

I use 2 pattern players and I was wondering if there is a way to switch between Pattern Player "1" and "2' not he fly during a set...?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,689 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you try pressing the bottom button on the F1? And how many FX Units do you have configured as a Pattern Player?

You can also try my custom mapping which adds a couple of more useful features - https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/13841

4 bottom buttons are your FX Unit selectors.

4 faders are Dry Wet (volume).

If any of 4 FX Units is set to the Pattern Player mode then the mapping will automatically detect it and pads will display the 16-step sequencer mode.

The mapping will also detect Group and Single mode and offer you a set of instant pad fx in that case. (this is a bonus feature when compared to the mapping you are using now)

Note that my mapping uses the MIDI Mode and not the User Mode mapping. I'm using the MIDI Mode only because of of how modifiers work in Traktor. If you have any of the F1 User mapping installed then delete it first. That also means you will need to import the Controller Editor template file so that the midi config on your F1 matches the mappings in Traktor.

Answers

• Stevan
    Options

What mapping do you use though? The stock one?

• Sacco Naz
    Options

Yup the stock one NI came out with...it' works great... just wish I could easily switch just like you can with any other NI controller...

• Stevan
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you try pressing the bottom button on the F1? And how many FX Units do you have configured as a Pattern Player?

You can also try my custom mapping which adds a couple of more useful features - https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/13841

4 bottom buttons are your FX Unit selectors.

4 faders are Dry Wet (volume).

If any of 4 FX Units is set to the Pattern Player mode then the mapping will automatically detect it and pads will display the 16-step sequencer mode.

The mapping will also detect Group and Single mode and offer you a set of instant pad fx in that case. (this is a bonus feature when compared to the mapping you are using now)

Note that my mapping uses the MIDI Mode and not the User Mode mapping. I'm using the MIDI Mode only because of of how modifiers work in Traktor. If you have any of the F1 User mapping installed then delete it first. That also means you will need to import the Controller Editor template file so that the midi config on your F1 matches the mappings in Traktor.

• Sacco Naz
    Options

Hey Thanks! I'll give it a try!