Maschine+ And external SSD drive.

Stoker
Stoker Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Can i put my Komplete Collectors Edition 14 on an external USB SSD and use it with Maschine+ in standalone mode? It would be brilliant to have all my sounds available on Maschine+

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stoker

Best Answers

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    Answer ✓

"Can i put my Komplete Collectors Edition 14 on an external USB SSD"

Yes

"and use it with Maschine+ in standalone mode?"

No

There's a small subset of instruments that work with the Maschine+. The majority of M+ content is available in the form of expansions (loops, one-shots etc...) All .NI content available for the M+ is installed from the M+ itself.

Check out this video on how to install content on the M+

• HugoClubs
    HugoClubs Member Posts: 63 Member
    Answer ✓

Thanks a lot for that… freakin YouTube algorithm never presented me this video, and I search for this type of stuff in the past. I ended up using the auto-sampler, inside Maschine which works too, but it’s nice to know other methods.

Answers

• reffahcs
    Answer ✓

"Can i put my Komplete Collectors Edition 14 on an external USB SSD"

Yes

"and use it with Maschine+ in standalone mode?"

No

There's a small subset of instruments that work with the Maschine+. The majority of M+ content is available in the form of expansions (loops, one-shots etc...) All .NI content available for the M+ is installed from the M+ itself.

Check out this video on how to install content on the M+

• Stoker

Thanks for the advice. So, i can't use my Kontakt sounds? which is what i was hoping.

• reffahcs

Just whatever is included and optimized for the M+ which currently is the Kontakt Factory Selection

And if you are asking well what's in the Factory Selection library. Well someone actually took screenshots of every bit of kit in the library on their M+

• reffahcs

That being said, there's people that have made their own instruments for the M+ so it's possible you could take your favorite Kontakt instrument and try to port it to the M+.

Kontakt Custom Instruments on Maschine Plus

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,373 Expert

That someone is me ☺️

And as you can see, the content isn’t very extended. Many of the categories have only one instrument. And also the categories having a little more (like piano/keys that has 4) don’t cover a lot (still people are asking themselves why there isn’t a clean decent piano in it).

Therefore the (almost) only solution is what reffahcs suggested: creating your own instruments (using Kontakt or M+ Autosampler).

Just remember that instruments created with Autosampler aren’t 1 to 1 ports. Starting from the fact that you have to decide if you want to bake the fxs the instruments you sample have in the audio recorded (therefore losing the ability to modify (or completely removing them afterwards) or if you want to sample the sound without the fxs and adding them after the fact with M+ own limited fxs

• Stoker

Maybe it'll be in a future update.

Thanks for the advice chaps!!

• HugoClubs
    HugoClubs Member Posts: 63 Member
    Answer ✓

Thanks a lot for that… freakin YouTube algorithm never presented me this video, and I search for this type of stuff in the past. I ended up using the auto-sampler, inside Maschine which works too, but it’s nice to know other methods.