"Relocate all" shows other manufacturers' software as "broken"

Options
mykejb
mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,226 mod

First time I've seen this. I moved my NI content from an older SATA drive onto an M.2 drive to speed things up. When I hit "Relocate All" it show the NI products as expected, but also showed a lot of other products from Waves and other companies. None of these had been moved, or even had libraries. Once the NI stuff had been relocated the "Relocate all" option disappeared as I'd expect. The other products all work perfectly even though they were shown as still needing locating.

Anyone else seen the same thing?

Tagged:

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,937 mod
    Options

Did anything change ? E.g. drive letter ? Or any directory names ? If it is then if this third party content is something not installed by Native Access but by other installers and then pointed to then it's possible that there exists some kind of disturbing cross-reference somewhere in Windows ! ? But since I neither know what is the content and also do not know details for use then this is just me doing wild guesses 🤣

• mykejb
    Options

Nope - nothing changed since installation. The point is that the things it said were 'broken' don't have any content, they're just plugins so I don't think they should ever need relocating. NA never used to care about software it didn't install so not sure why it should suddenly class working plugins as needing to be relocated.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Options

I got some weird nonsense last time I moved stuff where it was complaining about not being able to relocate random libraries. One of which I remember specifically was the Arturia Wurli VST??? It happened when I was taking screenshots of NA issues for the Hayo's NA thread. There were other libraries too, but the Arturia one was the only one I specifically remember.

• mykejb
    Options

I had about 150 or so that needed relocating ! I'll have to screenshot it

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,937 mod
    Options

At Mykejb , No matter what then I think that your issue is something that Hayo_NI ought to be notified about !

• mykejb
    Options

Yep, I'll drop him an email

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    Options

Is Relocate All - new ?

Or have I simply not been in a scenario where it appears?

I just build a new DAW a month ago with an M2 full of my old NI installs and while I did get a Locate - I did not see a Relocate All - which I would have used for certain if it was available to me.

I had to "one by one" each library by hitting Locate 50+ times.

VP

• mykejb
    Options

You only get Relocate All when a library has been moved, you can't use it to do the initial installation unfortunately.