How to manually add one note to the chord?

manolo.floyd
manolo.floyd Member Posts: 13 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

Playbox loaded into Maschine. I found a preset I liked, and the last chord has an extra note (5 notes, the other seven chords have only 4) and this extra note has a fantastic sample loaded. I want to copy manually this sample to an empty cube in the other chords, but can't find a way to do it directly on the User Interface. It seems that the only way to add a new cube to any chord set is copying the midi chords to the Maschine Editor, edit them (add another note) and copy back to Playbox. Only then I can have a new empty cube to use as I wish.

Am I missing something, or does this have something to do with chord harmonics that I don't have the proper knowledge about, or it's a missed feature?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

Hey @manolo.floyd You can enter the notes with the keyboard, as explained in this video at 9:06:

You can then edit the note. I hope that it works out for you.

• manolo.floyd

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately it's not what I expected. I get you can do it that way, but what if I have only my mouse and no midi keyboard, and also they made this for people who are not excellent keyboardist, right? It would be way more faster if I just click on the empty slot and "add" one note and adjust it with the arrows as the others already there. For me it should work this way if they designed it as an intuitive instrument in mind. Anyway it's good, thanks.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

You can also click on the virtual keyboard in Kontakt if all you have is mouse...

• nrthbound
    nrthbound Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I usually hate necroposting but this is insane to me there is no simple way to just click the empty spot where a cube could be and add one. This has been driving me up the wall all freaking day. Honestly, it would take them no time at all to add that. This is pure oversight and some of us have disabilities that don't allow to just play keys whenever we want to add notes. This thing is an accessibility nightmare.

• manolo.floyd

Exactly my thougths!