Mac M1 Nightmare

Options
2»

Comments

• tdcollins
    tdcollins Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

It's not crashing now... I am having other issues. Like I'm not sure why SESSION PERCUSSIONIST is not showing up but on a project where I have used it, it's there. It shows up in NATIVE ACCESS as installed. Does not show up in KOMPLETE KONTOL and I have installed and uninstalled it a dozen times. I'm exhausted with all this.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 611 Guru
    Options

So, the OPs problems were actually caused by Rosetta, not NI. ONLY USE ROSETTA WHEN ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOLKS

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,944 mod
    edited February 6
    Options

I'm confused here, is enabling Rosseta helping or causing the crash?

@Kubrak Please dont come into help threads just to start a Mac VS Windows war, please. Even if it's just lighthearted it just escalates into a cluttered thread that doesn't help the OP at all.

Off-topic comments removed.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 442 Guru
    Options

Same here, does OP have a reason to run Logic in Rosetta mode in a first place?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,839 mod
    edited February 6
    Options

Generally this is only needed if someone wants to continue to run VST2 or non native VST3 plugin in Komplete Kontrol because Logic automatically wraps any non native AUs. That might be a source of instability though, as most more recent plugins come in native VST3 versions

However we know Logic’s MIDI 2 support is flaky so it could also just be that

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 442 Guru
    Options

Yeah, that’s why I asked him for a reason to do so previously. I asked if he was running any irreplaceable non-native plugins. He didn’t answered to that, unfortunately.

• tdcollins
    Options

Sorry... was just so excited to finally have it all working. In answer to your question yes, I was running some non-native but, never loaded them with this new install because they were terrible. I am only using Spitfire Audio and Native.

• tdcollins
    Options

After 4 days of trying different variations, it turns out that I MUST have Rosetta turned on. Why, not sure. I did try after getting it all working to see if I could try another setting but no.

Currently, this is what seems to be working.

KONTROL S49 MIDI 1.0

LOGIC PRO Ver 10.8.1 (Rosetta) MIDI 2.0

audio/MIDI setup (IAC Driver) MIDI 1.0

The issue that Maciej caused me was to start messing with the MIDI versions. I noticed when my keyboard was set to MIDI 2 and plugged in... the system would crash. Unplugged, it worked fine. Also, when plugged in, when starting Logic, the screen would flicker and flash quickly. Setting the keyboard to MIDI 1.0 stopped that from happening.

When I tried to open an instrument, however, it would open fine, even play. But when I closed KONTACT 7 using the "X" close button, Logic Pro shut down instantly.

Long story short. I tried various combinations until it finally started working. I loaded each instrument one at a time. Closed LP, and tested until all were loaded. Took ALL DAY!!!

Once I had everything working... I did try and run Logic without Rosetta. But it crashed trying to close an instrument.

The audio/MIDI setup on my Mac was ignored by me at first. Somewhere in my research, someone had mentioned I should reset this setting. I had 4 controllers in this setting. Ones long since been sold off.

I do want to thank you all for your help! Lifesavers!