Scanapp Unexpectedly Quit during Komplete Kontrol startup

Options
2»

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Maxhombre Have you tried to reset the database? Can you see on which plug-in it crashes? What is your operating system?

• ODJ Pirkka
    ODJ Pirkka Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Just chiming in here in July 2023.

I just reset my Komplete Kontrol database because evidently the db had been corrupted.

After the reset, there is a ton of plugins to scan (I use quite a few). The ScanApp has crashed maybe dozen times now and I'm halfway through the Scan Plugins progress.

Good thing is that whenever the ScanApp crashes, if I just press "OK" the scanning process continues.

I have checked the names of couple of crash-inducing plugins but I don't see any reason why they should crash anything.

• Will Nealie
    Will Nealie Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue as well. KK scan app needs an overhaul we love the product, but when it is not working and cuts into my ability to get projects done on time, that is an issue. Even with a new Mac. There should be a way in the code to just quarantine the VST-s that are causing the issue and allow KK to complete the task. Machine is also dependent on a full scan by KK to see all the NI assets to work. I am sure that folks at NI are users as well and have seen this for themselves. The replies I have seen here from the Support team are as if they don't care at all or their hands are tied. We buy the products because they sound good; if they don't work, though, then we should stop supporting Native Instruments products, and when the revenue drops, then they will pay attention and fix the issues or change the way the platform works under the hood.

KK users deserve a better customer service experience. You are not too big to fail Native Instruments!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Will Nealie Even if we happily help out on the forum, it's not a substitute for support, especially on this topic as it sometimes require exchange of private files. feel free to contact my colleagues here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol