S88 MK3 & Maschine Integration

Options
2»

Comments

• Couch_King
    Couch_King Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Sure glad I did my homework. I am really disappointed to see them removing such a useful feature set between Maschine and the Mk2 keyboards. I suppose I was in the minority of people who used the S49 with my Maschine Mk3 for the chord/scale/arp features. The B3 key on my S49 Mk2 failed recently. Due to the out of warranty repair costs I was planning to upgrade to the Mk3 instead (the repair cost with shipping is nearly the price of a new unit). It looks like instead I will be attempting to repair my Mk2 myself and not purchasing a Kontrol S Mk3. I'm not sure why the implementation between the two was so "significant" or why they were unable to port it but this went from a selling point feature to a red flag and deal breaker between versions.

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 111 Advisor
    Options

yes, we're all disppointed with KONTROLmk3 + Maschine!

And before the comments with the same ****** we've been hearing for months is posted… "it was such a small number of users blah blah blah", here we are months later and numerous customer are still disappointed with this lack of integration and some have moved onto competitor hardware who did listen to us.

NI has fallen off from the greatness they once were, but they have killer sounds and Maschine is the best Beat making tool in industry, so I'll stomach the disappointment until they return to peak form again.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 264 Pro
    Options

luckily a ton of used mk2 units out there and tons of replacement parts for fatar keybeds, so no reason not to keep on with mk2