Why is Native Access installing Drums when it says it's updating Raum?

Kymeia
Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
edited January 2022 in Native Access

This on MacOs Big Sur (Intel) - Abbey Road Drums should be in my 'Not Installed' category as I don't need it

Tagged:

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    edited January 2022

Uhm, nothing here showcases that N.A. is doing any of this. If you have something installed that you have no need for I can only assume that you installed that yourself at some point, because in all the years that I've been using N.A. it hasn't installed anything when all I did was click "update all" (or update a single item).

So my advice would be to simply un-install the Abbey Road drums series and be done with it.

• Kymeia

No the problem was it was supposed to be updating Raum but actually had downloaded the Abbey Road drums installer and was attempting to install that instead. This is weird behaviour so worth reporting to NI. I'm at a loss to think what could have caused this.

• toneyrome
    toneyrome Member Posts: 31 Helper

Massive X shows in the browser for me even though I have no license. I can only assume it has something to do with Community Drive Massive X presets.

• Kymeia
    edited January 2022

This gets curiouser and curiouser - turns out while NA was running it was also silently downloading installers for all the products I have in my 'Not Installed' list - just found the ISOs for them in my downloads folder. Is this some new default behaviour? No wonder the install for Raum was seeming to take forever? Looks like it was trying to install everything but Raum (I'd ended I leaving it running and went to bed)

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

Maybe you hit install all button accidentally. I just updated raum and installed super 8 on my intel mac with latest big sur, and had zero issues. I did that once with update all not long ago, and would not even let me quit. Upshot, no issue with main Raum updater onbig sur here as of yesterday. Not much help, just some feedback.