Guitar Rig 7 Pro - Recommended 3rd-party user presets?

Options
TORLEY
TORLEY Member Posts: 88 Helper

I'm looking for add-on packs for Guitar Rig 7 Pro that are:

• Recent (i.e., not compiled from older versions) within the last couple years or so
  • Focused on creative applications not already explored in the factory library — so more glitch and weirdo stuff is cool
  • NOT necessarily guitar-centric, meaning they get into effects suitable for keys, perc, etc.
  • Quality in quantity — really thoughtfully curated.

There is a large guitarrigpresets.com one I can't speak to, but am curious about others' experience.

I seem to be having a hard time finding fresh ones. What am I missing?

Comments

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,971 Guru
    Options

Maybe you can use the presets from NI site as well...

Just search Guitar Rig 7 custom presets and I am pretty sure you can get more creative fx racks there.

Some of them are for the guitar, of course, but some of them are for other instruments as well.

Some of them even have catchy and wacky sound effects!

Don't be afraid to use your own creative vision as well.

You might make even better fx racks out of the old ones.

Or even make original and realistic sound effects!

Speaking from my experience.

I started learning more professional level of sound design, to the point where I can create a completly new and different sound out of the old one.

Once again: experiment, create, and have fun, good sir! :)

• TORLEY
    edited January 13
    Options

@Milos Thanks for your encouragement. I'm already doing my own and have been through the factory, as I said. I've been through the old Guitar Rig User Library. That's why I'm searching for newer packs.

I like knowing what's already been created from varied perspectives, helps educate and inspire me.

So do you know any?

• Milos
    Options

I just searched guitar rig presets again, and there are only guitarrigpresets.com and the presets from the official NI site.

I am afraid that there are no more sites for any new fx racks.

Maybe some new gr preset sites will appear in the future...

Until then, go crazy and wacky with the effects for every instrument and have fun creating unique tones!

Have a nice day, sir!

• TORLEY
    Options

Thanks for helping me look! Given the creative possibilities, I wonder why there's not more 3rd-party presets.

• Milos
    Options

Yeah...I also wonder that.

If you need more creative fx rack methods, maybe I can provide some of them with my screenshots.

Just let me know and I will do it!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

Hi a couple of us tried creating a new GR User Library since the old one is defunct but so far there has been very little interest, I think maybe people just use presets?

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/15244/guitar-rig-user-library#latest

• Milos
    Options

Kymeia is right.

Try clicking on his link to get new presets.

Tell us if you are satisfied.