Kontakt plays every loaded instrument at the same time.

2»

Answers

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 383 Pro
    edited January 11

Bizarre.

There does not exist in the MIDI protocol which Kontakt uses, any message that triggers a note or controller change on more than one channel. So either you are sending multiple messages on different channels or there is a fault in Kontakt. (It would actually be possible to write a KSP multiscript that did this so check that no pixies have done this while you were asleep).

You need a MIDI monitor that displays a stream of messages and I don't know what your various DAWs can provide. The KSP MIDI monitor unfortunately shows only one message at a time so might be difficult to use in this situation, but you could try it if there are no alternatives. (You could actually do it by monitoring each channel separately one after the other)

What happens when you click on the main keyboard at the bottom? Does it happen in standalone? Are you sure when you reinstalled Kontakt that the dll file is where it should be?

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    Answer ✓

Ah ok, I wasn't aware you can split channels as I mostly use Kontakt in standalone.

Curiously you have your first instrument set to 1 + Groups.... I'm not familiar with that setting so I did some searching. I think I figured out the problem!

I checked on YouTube and it seems this video is showing your problem along with the fix?

"How to get rid of the Kontakt MIDI channel "+ Groups" Setting"

• Solarfall
    Solarfall Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

It solves my problem, thank you! I did not know this group thingy, haven't seen it before.

This discussion has been closed.