Maschine Mikro Mk3 and 40's Very Own Drums

Options
prodbywuski
prodbywuski Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hi, I got a Maschine Mikro Mk3 for Christmas this year and can't seem to figure out how to save a template for the midi input/output like some of the videos have been setting up. As well, just a question regarding 40's drums. When you use one shots from say, a sample pack, you get to draw up notes in the piano roll in FL Studio, and they will play to that key/pitch, but in 40's drums, I can't seem to separate them and re-pitch them based on the pattern in FL.

I'm also very confused with how 40's drums can be integrated into Maschine. There are 16 pads in 40's drums, and 16 on Maschine so I can only assume that there should be a way to play from Maschine.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,082 mod
    edited January 1
    Options

Hello,

if you want to repitch the sounds in 40s very own drums library, you have to do it within the instrument in kontakt but you can't play them with a melody, if that's what you want, then you have to resample the sounds. What do you mean by midi in out template, can you maybe share the video, maybe via private message if it's not working. Have you tried keyboard mode with 40s drums, it's a kontakt library so you have to play it that way (there is a way to map it differently on all 16 pads/sounds by sending midi from pad 2 -16 to pad 1) but try it first that way, second button over the 16 pads must be keyboard mode.

• prodbywuski
    prodbywuski Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

Hey, Uwe303, thanks for your answer. Regarding playing them with a melody, usually when you use percussion elements in FL Studio (like 808 one shots), you can re-pitch them in the piano roll based on the bass notes in your say, piano melody. I'm unsure how to do this in 40's very own drums, is it possible to de-compress the samples from 40's very own drums and maybe use them as one shots dragged into FL Studio's channel rack? As for the maschine integration, I've figured that out thanks keyboard mode seems to work.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,082 mod
    edited January 1
    Options

Like I said you can resample the sounds if you want to play them with a melody, maschine is really nice to do that

You can also drag and drop stuff around

And additionally if you just want to repitch a sound in 40s very own drums, you go to the kit page and there you can edit the sound as you like it, and also repitch it.