Release Date of Ni Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk3?

Options
KDH_0521
KDH_0521 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello, I am looking for a master keyboard with 88 keys. I bought the S88 Mk2 a few days ago, but it seems to have to be returned due to a defective product. The feeling that I touched for a moment was not as good as I thought. I've been playing the piano for over 10 years and now I have a real piano in my room. The keyboard was too heavy even for hammer touch. I'm wondering if I should buy this product again. I know that the S88 Mk2 has been released for quite some time. Should I wait for the Mk3?

Comments

• Oneeyedstan
    Oneeyedstan Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I have the s88 mk2 now for about half a year. To can afford it i sold my over 20 year old Yamaha S08 for $400,-! I cry almost every day because i miss the good keybed of the S08 so much. The KK keybed maybe is not bad, but definitiv not good! 😭😭😭

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

there has been no announcement if there even will be an MK3 or if it would be “better” in feel than the MK2 so you could be waiting a looooong time. I guess feel is subjective really, some people love it and some have a very specific idea of what they want. It will never match the feel of a reaL piano since it is considered a synth keyboard and the main focus is the playability of a wide range of instrument. Trying to hammer out a fast baseline on an actual piano would be terrible so there has to be some compromise.

• R. Vega
    R. Vega Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

What was the defect on your MK2? Was it the heavy keybed feel?