Release Date of Ni Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk3?

KDH_0521
KDH_0521 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello, I am looking for a master keyboard with 88 keys. I bought the S88 Mk2 a few days ago, but it seems to have to be returned due to a defective product. The feeling that I touched for a moment was not as good as I thought. I've been playing the piano for over 10 years and now I have a real piano in my room. The keyboard was too heavy even for hammer touch. I'm wondering if I should buy this product again. I know that the S88 Mk2 has been released for quite some time. Should I wait for the Mk3?

Comments

• Oneeyedstan
    Oneeyedstan Member Posts: 5 Member

I have the s88 mk2 now for about half a year. To can afford it i sold my over 20 year old Yamaha S08 for $400,-! I cry almost every day because i miss the good keybed of the S08 so much. The KK keybed maybe is not bad, but definitiv not good! 😭😭😭

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

there has been no announcement if there even will be an MK3 or if it would be “better” in feel than the MK2 so you could be waiting a looooong time. I guess feel is subjective really, some people love it and some have a very specific idea of what they want. It will never match the feel of a reaL piano since it is considered a synth keyboard and the main focus is the playability of a wide range of instrument. Trying to hammer out a fast baseline on an actual piano would be terrible so there has to be some compromise.

• R. Vega
    R. Vega Member Posts: 3 Member

What was the defect on your MK2? Was it the heavy keybed feel?