Please add the ability to automate effects on komplete kontrol

Options
Adrian oliver
Adrian oliver Member Posts: 12 Member
edited November 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

When using the komplete kontrol software: currently (within a daw) you can only automate the instrument and the effects that come with it, but if i add an effect onto that instrument, while you are able to change the effects per usual, automation is impossible and not recognised by a daw (Like ableton, FL Studio).

Edit to clarify:

I mean when trying to automate using the keyboard ( i am using the mk3 S88, but the problem consists with every keyboard used with komplete kontrol) in ableton.

When clicking the "Auto" button and clicking "record" on the keyboard after loading an instrument and turn one of the 8 knobs on the keyboard, automation works fine. 

The problem lies when navigating to the "effects" tab in the browser, because when repeating all steps mentioned before (clicking the "auto" button, then record) and turn the knobs, nothing automates and instead keeps the base value i left the knob as.

Comments

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,939 Guru
    Options

Use Kontakt 7 Player instead if you need better instrument automation features.

As for the effects. put any effect into the fx rack of a DAW, such as Guitar Rig and automate it's effects.

• Adrian oliver
    Adrian oliver Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I mean when trying to automate using the keyboard ( i am using the mk3 S88, but the problem consists with every keyboard used with komplete kontrol) in ableton.

When clicking the "Auto" button and clicking "record" on the keyboard after loading an instrument and turn one of the 8 knobs on the keyboard, automation works fine. 

The problem lies when navigating to the "effects" tab in the browser, because when repeating all steps mentioned before (clicking the "auto" button, then record) and turn the knobs, nothing automates and instead keeps the base value i left the knob as.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

Yes this is a longstanding feature request- absurd really that it is not possible