Scale feature (S keyboard) no longer working

Options
Mark98
Mark98 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I recently updated the Komplete Kontrol software and encounterd two issues. The first being the Komplete Kontrol database getting corrupted, resulting in error messages saying the plug-in could not be found. I've had these happen before and this fix has always been easy but time consuming because KK has to rescan your entire library. I'm really hoping NI will fix this issue seeing that it's not the first time so they must be aware of it, right?

Second issue is that the scale feature stopped working as well, I'm certain this is a software issue because the lights on my S61 mk2 work just fine and get brighter when a key is pressed. I like to use the light guide on my keyboard but the other options (Mapped, Easy and Learn) don't work either. I'm not sure in which recent KK update the problem was introduced as I went from 2.9.4 to 3.0.2.

I tried finding a solution online but without luck so far, is there a known fix for this?

Thanks

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,806 mod
    Options

What is your system, I am on 3.02 on M1 Mac and Scales are working for me and I have not seen reports of problems with this before

Which plugins is KK saying cannot be found? I'm not sure it would be a database problem as in the transition from 2 to 3 it would have rebuilt the database, it may be more about paths. KK3 doesn't automatically add the path to VST2 for example.

• Modal
    Modal Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
    Options

Same for me @Mark98 . I bought a new Mac which was already running OS14. Ive not noticed any massive software issues but the scales on my Komplete Kontrol are not working. No idea what to do about it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,839 mod
    Options

@Mark98 Is it happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone, in your DAW or both? What's your operating system?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Modal IS that in Komplete Kontrol in standalone, in a dAW or both?

• Modal
    Options

Both DAW and standalone. I reverted back to 2.9.6  version of komplete Kontrol and its working correctly in OS14. I have other issues, but this one was solved.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

It is exactly the same for me! Still working on Ventura. First, after update, some plugins were not found (i.e. Massive, Reaktor etc.), took a while to reinstall. Then scales didn't work, Buttons left and right from center won't work anymore.

• Modal
    Options

i reverted back and everything is working again, id try that if you can

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,806 mod
    Options

This is weird because they are still working for me from the keyboard or the software (M1Max)

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@TAG So you mean it happened after updating to Sonoma? I also can't reproduce on Ventura. It seems that all users that are affected are on Sonoma. Komplete Kontrol is not yet officially supported but I'll forward this issue to my colleagues and the Komplete Kontrol devs.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI @Modal Thank you very much for your answers. How time flies! I've realised that I'm still using an S88 Mk1, but also have an S61 Mk2. With Komplete Kontrol 3.0, the Mk1 is no longer working. This is a shame as the Mk1 still works great and the small matter of keeping the Light Guide for Scale and Arp, as well as the function of the knobs, should probably not lead to this very thing being cancelled on the hardware. In 3.1 it still works over software, but no longer the light guide in the hardware anymore !? C'mon, this can not the a big deal. The hardware is still in perfect condition!!! I can't imagine that keeping this functionality is a big deal. So wouldn't it be possible to fully reintegrate these small but essential functions away from the colourful screens? Also, isn't there a solution to install multiple Komplete Kontrol software, in my case <3.0 and >3.0 separately for that your pretty good keyboards stay in their best condition they can get? I have now installed the old software and it works. This should not be that small but essential functions for playing are removed.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited December 2023
    Options

@TAG You can have both versions of Komplete Kontrol on your system: How to Keep Komplete Kontrol 2.9 (VST2) and Komplete Kontrol 3 (VST3) on Your Windows System

@Kymeia explained how to keep both standalone versions HERE